INFERNO CANTO II - "So, if I surrender myself to going there,I fear the undertaking shall prove folly. (II, 34–35)

Which statement best explains the meaning of lines 34–35?

A. If I follow the path before me, I will get lost.
B. If I surrender, then I will never conquer my fear.
C. If I surrender, then I will be a prisoner here forever.
D. If I give in to this foolish journey, I will be wasting my time.

Answers

Answer 1
Answer: The answer is D. If I give in to this foolish journey, I will be wasting my time.

This is the part where Dante is asking the muses why he was chosen for this journey. He doubts his worthiness and capabilities.

There are some clues also in the lines.

"surrender myself" = giving in. 
"going there," and "undertaking," is best described by the word journey (as compared to the other choices)
"folly." means foolish.
Answer 2
Answer: D. If I give in to this foolish journey, I will be wasting my time.

Dante was doubtful ofhis worthiness to the mission and is indecisive about the journeyhe is about to make. He was feeling insecure about his ability to succeed inthe expedition. In Canto, 34-35, he asked pleadingly or advice.

Related Questions

Where do Malala and her family retreat to after the Peace Treaty fails in Mingora? Describe their experience traveling to this place.
What does abrrevation mean
Help me please machiavellian1. a hodge-podge of writings all mixed together 2. utterly revolting; appalling; extremely wicked/brutal/cruel 3. methodology of gaining or keeping political power (usually related to justifying deceit, cunning, duplicity, or bad faith in the process) 4. set in a bent position; hands-on-hips
What is a euphemisms for flunked
why has the picture of King George over the Village Inn been replaced by a picture of George Washington

Definition of energy flow

Answers

Energy flow is the amount of energy that moves through a food chain. This energy input, or energy that enters the ecosystem, is measured in joules or calories.
energy is the movement of energy around an ecosystem by biotic and abiotic means

Sentence has one word that is incorrect There was great exitement before the fi reworks commenced

Answers

Well, 'fireworks' should not have a space in it, but I think the real problem is 'excitement' .
There is a space in the word fireworks.

How often can you wear shorts if you already worn it for a day.

Answers

Well...for a year or two, until it stucks on your body like the glue.
Around 2 to three days depends with stain or not if stain 1 day

1. Lines 279-291: Compare Mr. Van Daan's words here with his comment to Anne in lines 1271-1273 ofAct One. What is the impact of Van Daan again using the word discussion rather than quarrel? What is

ironic about Mr. Van Daan's use of the word selfish?

Answers

Answer:

The question is incomplete

Explanation:

2. What is the impact of Van Daan again using the word discussion rather than quarrel?

Answer: Discussion - Positive while Quarrel - Fighting, not Positive

3. He is also selfish

Choose the word that best completes the sentence. The "Chunnel," a tunnel under the English Channel, is the culmination of many years of _____________ cooperation between England and France.
A. bilateral
B. bipartisan
C. bisected
D. unilateral

Answers

Hi! The word bilateral means pertaining to, involving, or affecting two or both sides, factions, parties, or the like of a bilateral agreement; bilateral sponsorship. So if you look up each of these words on Dictionary.com or Thesarus.com you will find the definition for each and hopefully you will get your answer.

Right answer is bilateral. At least I think it's correct.

How long does it take a snail to crawl 85 inches?

Answers

It would take a snail 2.55 minutes to crawl 85 inches.