The old woman and her daughter were sitting on their porch when Mr. Shiftlet came up their road for the first time. The old woman slid to the edge of her chair and leaned forward, shading her eyes from the piercing sunset with her hand.The characters in the excerpt are an example of

A. religious fundamentalists.

B. people with disabilities.

C. the isolated lower classes.

D. the racially intolerant.

Answers

Answer 1
Answer:

Answer: The right answer is the C) The isolated lower classes.

Explanation: Just to elaborate a little on the answer, it can be added that the only thing that we can infer from these lines is that these two female characters lived in isolation, since, when the mother saw a stranger coming up their road, she looked in the direction he was coming from, and this suggests that she was not accustomed to see people around. Later on in the story (Flannery O'Connor's “The Life You Save May Be Your Own”) the reader will discover that the daughter has indeed a disability, but this cannot totally be discerned from these initial lines - although the fact that the girl did not look in the direction of the stranger does suggest that she could not hear him approaching, since a child in that circumstance would have reacted at least with curiosity.      

Answer 2
Answer: I think the answer would be C because based on what I read I think the old women and her daughter are isolated and how it said that a man came to them for the first time which gives a hint that the old women and her daughter are in fact isolated lower classes

Related Questions

Which of the following is TRUE of good human relations?
Somebody help please
PLEASE :( I REALLY NEED HELP! What type of figurative language does Marius use in the following statement? "Let your thoughts follow your new thesis, sailing on that tack until the wind changes"
Whom does Caliban compare to a jesting monkey in line 4?Select one:a. Arielb. TrinculoC. Stephanod. Prospero
How does percy feel about seeing his mom chapter 20 lighting thief

Need help rn, what are some connotations of power

Answers

Answer:

wealth or are intellectually superior.

Explanation:

Circle the conjunctions. In the blank write coord. if the conjunction is coordinating.Write corr. if the conjunction is correlative. Write sub. if the conjunction is subordinate.

sub. We will leave for vacation as soon as the tickets arrive.

sub. 1. While many people have watched a marathon race, few have ever competed in one.

coord. 2. It’s Friday night, and I have to stay home to clean my room.

corr. 3. Neither Sasha nor her brother could locate the car.

coord. 4. We will visit Washington, D.C., or Williamsburg, Virginia, in June.

sub. 5. Although I prefer apples, I also like strawberries.

corr. 6. Both Jason and Eric made the basketball team.

sub. 7. Whenever the parents leave for work, the children throw a temper tantrum.

sub. 8. The fans were quiet until the golfer putted.

Answers

You have already given the answers. I'd like to add an explanation.

Answer:

1. While many people have watched a marathon race, few have ever competed in one.  - sub.

2. It’s Friday night, and I have to stay home to clean my room.  - coord.

3. Neither Sasha nor her brother could locate the car.  - corr.

4. We will visit Washington, D.C., or Williamsburg, Virginia, in June.  - coord.

5. Although I prefer apples, I also like strawberries.  - sub.

6. Both Jason and Eric made the basketball team.  - corr.

7. Whenever the parents leave for work, the children throw a temper tantrum.  - sub.

8. The fans were quiet until the golfer putted. - sub.

Explanation:

A conjunction is a word used to connect other words, phrases, or clauses inside a sentence. A coordinating conjunction, more specifically, connects parts that have the same importance inside a sentence. It doesn't establish a subordinating relationship between clauses, for example. Both clauses connected by a coordinating conjunction are equally important. The coordinating conjunctions are: FANBOYS (for, and, not, but, or, yet, so).

Subordinating conjunctions are used to introduce a dependent clause. They establish a relationship of dependence in the sentence - for the subordinate clause the make sense, it needs the main one. Examples of subordinating conjunctions are: whenever, while, until, although, because, if, even though, etc.

Finally, correlative conjunctions are pairs of words that connect two ideas. These ideas are usually expressed in similar structures. They are: neither... nor, either... or, both... and, not only... but also, whether... or, so/as... as.

Which word has the same meaning as"pessimists" as the word is used on page 2?
doubters
protesters
critics
fanatics

Answers

Honestly it’s either doubters or critics but I would go for doubters seems more reliable

Which of the following would be considered a field research source?A. An art installation

B. An online video

C. A presentation

D. A newspaper

Answers

Answer:

I think it is d

Explanation:

its gives info

Araby Every morning I lay on the floor in the front parlour watching her door. The blind was pulled down to within an inch of the sash so that I could not be seen. When she came out on the doorstep my heart leaped. I ran to the hall, seized my books and followed her. I kept her brown figure always in my eye and, when we came near the point at which our ways diverged, I quickened my pace and passed her. This happened morning after morning. I had never spoken to her, except for a few casual words, and yet her name was like a summons to all my foolish blood. What is this passage about?
A. The author's infatuation with girl. B. A girl's infatuation with the author. C. The author's anger at the girl. D. The neighbor following the author.

Answers

Answer:

A. The author's infatuation with girl.

Explanation:

In this excerpt from a short story Araby by James Joyce we are introduced with a young boy who fell in love with a girl who lives across the street. He waits in the front room of his house for her to appear and then hastily runs outside to follow her until their paths split. Expressions like when she came out on the doorstep my heart leaped, then her name was like a summons to all my foolish blood and the fact that he waits for her every day give us a clear statement of author`s infatuation with the girl.

Help pls I really need this answer answer as fast as you can pls

Answers

Answer:

B and D  

ive had that question before

D and B I believe because I just did this a few days ago
Other Questions
PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELPA wigwam of weather-stained canvas stood at the base of some irregularly ascending hills. A footpath wound its way gently down the sloping land till it reached the broad river bottom; creeping through the long swamp grasses that bent over it on either side, it came out on the edge of the Missouri.Here, morning, noon, and evening, my mother came to draw water from the muddy stream for our household use. Always, when my mother started for the river, I stopped my play to run along with her. She was only of medium height. Often she was sad and silent, at which times her full arched lips were compressed into hard and bitter lines, and shadows fell under her black eyes. Then I clung to her hand and begged to know what made the tears fall."Hush; my little daughter must never talk about my tears;" and smiling through them, she patted my head and said, "Now let me see how fast you can run to-day." Whereupon I tore away at my highest possible speed, with my long black hair blowing in the breeze.I was a wild little girl of seven. Loosely clad in a slip of brown buckskin, and light-footed with a pair of soft moccasins on my feet, I was as free as the wind that blew my hair, and no less spirited than a bounding deer. These were my mother's pride,—my wild freedom and overflowing spirits. She taught me no fear save that of intruding myself upon others.The selection above is about a Yankton Sioux family living in South Dakota, in the early 20th century. What does this story teach the reader about the Sioux people?A. They believed kids should help draw water.B. They believed children should be carefree.C. They always lived near hills or mountains.D. They liked children to be still and calm.