What does fanciful mean?

Answers

Answer 1
Answer: It is an adjective meaning that something is unrealistic or over-imaginative. It can also be synonymous with Imaginary. Or something that is ridiculously ornate rather than being practical. 

Related Questions

From your own life list three actions of other people in your life that have impacted you. Explain how each action shaped you. Pls give examples lots of points and I'll give brainliest!
WRITE A PARAGRAPH!!I need paragraph 4-5 sentences long. It all has to relate to the topic sentence and the topic sentence has to be the first sentence. Make sure its all in unity. This one is sorta like my last one but it has to be an informative paragraph. It can be about anything.Good luck ^-^
How can commerce help revive a city? Use the word ECONOMY in your answer.
What is the theme of this poem?? Please helppp!!:: Who am I? I am one. Apart yet a piece of the whole. I am one. A single piece. A totally independent being, That is not complete without The whole.
In To Kill a Mockingbird What does Jem learn about Mrs. Dubose after she dies? A.Mrs. Dubose tricked Jem into reading to her.B.Mrs. Dubose was destitute and could only afford to leave Jem a camellia.C.Mrs. Dubose was a morphine addict going through withdrawal.D.Mrs. Dubose thought highly of Jem and was sorry she had been rude to him.

Direction: Read each statement and then circle whether it is a Fact or Opinion. explain your answer.1-Michael Jordan has a career average of 30.4 points per game.
2-George Washington was the first President of the United Stated under the Constitution.
3-Michael Jordan is the greatest basketball player of all time.
4-There seems to be too much standardized testing in public schools.
5-It is wrong for people under the age of 21 to drink alcohol.
6-Sister Carrie was written by Theodore Dreiser.
7-Lord of the Rings: Return of the king won eleven Oscars (Academy Awards).
8-The television show The Simpsons is just not as funny as it used to be.

Answers

1.Fact
2.Fact
3.Opinion
4.Opinion
5.Fact
6.Fact
7.Fact
8.Opinion

19)Which underlined phrase is the gerund phrase and predicate noun of the sentence?
My sister's most annoying habit is hopping on the living room couch
My sister's most annoying habit is hopping on the living room couch.

Answers

Answer:its A ,i just did it on usa testprep

Explanation:

Please Please I really need some help! Identify the verbal and its function in the sentence:

I would rather be sleeping!

It is a gerund functioning as a noun.
It is a gerund functioning as a verb.
It is an infinitive functioning as a noun.
It is an infinitive functioning as a verb.

Answers

Hello there! I believe your answer would be:

B: It is a gerund functioning as a verb.

Explanation: It couldn't be infinitive since the phase would have "to be" in it, which it clearly does not. It is not a gerund functioning as a noun since the sentence would have some form of "sleeping is nice". Therefore, if we use Sherlock Holmes's logic (It is an old maxim of mine that when you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. -Sherlock Holmes) The only answer that could be applicable is B.

I hope that you find my answer to be helpful, and I would like to hear if this was correct. Also: Brainliest would be greatly appreciated.

Which is the suggested theme in “Infant Sorrow” by William Blake? An infant finds rest in a mother’s arms. An infant struggles in an unsafe world. An infant brings strength to a weary world.

Answers

The answer is: An infant struggles in an unsafe world.

In the poem "Infant Sorrow," William Blake conveys the parents of the baby are not happy for his birth, and that once the child grows up, he will not receive care and nurture anymore. On the other hand, he will be sent to work as a factory worker under insecure conditions - deprived from any joy and happiness.

Answer: infant struggles in an unsafe world.

gradpoint

To compare characters effectively, a reader should notice their ?

Answers

Answer:

Similarities and differences

Explanation:

Answer:

i think similarities and differences

Explanation:

the guy above me

Most people read some piece of nonfiction every day of their lives. We are surrounded by news, opinion pieces, political speeches, and essays. Think of a piece of nonfiction you’ve read recently that stuck with you after you read it. It should be a piece of nonfiction that was so engaging that you wanted to share it with friends. Perhaps it was one of the pieces of nonfiction from this unit. Describe the work, its context and purpose, and explain why it stuck with you. Use that piece to explain how nonfiction compares to other types of writing. Consider elements that are shared across types of writing and elements that are different in nonfiction. What elevates a nonfiction article in a magazine into a work of literature? What allows a piece written for a specific informative, persuasive, or other purpose to emerge as something more enduring?

Answers

Describethe work, its context and purpose.

The work is“This change Everything” by Naomi Klein. It is a nonfiction book that detailsthe recent years if the journalist diving into the subject of climate changeand sustainable development. Its purpose is to expose tactics use by economicsubject and to actively propose a new way of living, one that is more inresonance with the planet.

Explain whyit stuck with you.

It stuckwith me because it is compelling, detailed and mind-blowing. It explain thethem with clarity and without reserves, and it explains also the causes, thereasons the behind the scenes that we usually don’t have access too. Moreover,it forces you to deal with the subject on a very personal level.

Use thatpiece to explain how nonfiction compares to other types of writing. Considerelements that are shared across types of writing and elements that aredifferent in nonfiction.

Whilenon-fiction tells a story, exactly like fiction story, the story thatnon-fiction tells it is often based on real event and has a significance in theway it is told. There is also a language more pragmatic, focused on the actionmore than the characters. The style is more direct and often journalistic.

Whatelevates a nonfiction article in a magazine into a work of literature?

The abilityof the writer to compelled, engage and create an audience.  The way the author tell the story, no matterwhat it is telling. The emotion behind the written piece, and the way that theauthor can emphasize its message and what it want to pass at its audience.

What allowsa piece written for a specific informative, persuasive, or other purpose toemerge as something more enduring?

The style,the language are relevant in this process, but I think that the best thing isthe ability of the writer of give life to its text. To make word, situation andactions come to life. Ultimate, just like for fiction, it is the ability of thewriter to engage and make people feel what he/she want us to feel.