Which excerpt from the essay most clearly portrays imperialism with negative connotations?A) [w]ith another part I thought that the greatest joy in the world would be to drive a boyonet into a Buddhist priests guts
B) [A]fterwards I was very glad that the [indian] had been killed; it put me legally in the right and it gave me a sufficient pretext for shooting the elephant
C) as for the job I was doing I hated it more bitterly than I can perhaps make clear. In a job like that you see the dirty work if empire at close quarters
D) I did not even know that the British empire is dying still less did I know that it is a great deal better than the younger empires that are going to supplant it.

Answers

Answer 1
Answer:

Although all four excerpts are disgusting, we should single out one of them.

"Shooting an Elephant" George Orwell is a story of imperialism  and the ratio of the local population inhabited by Imperial Britain. Imperialism is the most powerful force in world history. It exists today, moved from the colonial era to neo-colonial or neo-imperialism. During this transition, modes and strategies were changed, but the goal remained the same - to rule and exploit the natives, using their strength, military, economic and technological.

Killing an elephant shows various aspects of imperialism, imperialism is a double sword that inflicts damage on both sides, the local population and the British officer representing the imperial empire. When he killed the animal, he had to calm the Burmese. The fact that the Burmese decides what the imperial officer must do about it, provides an ironic image of a master who becomes a slave to fulfill his racial and imperial duties. Here, Orwell asks an important question: if an officer, a good man, can be corrupted and destroyed by imperialism, what happens to those who are not so honest?

The officer is aware of the malevolence of imperialism, but he is also aware of the ways in which beasts turn locals under the influence of imperialism. Local Buddhist priests laugh at him because in essence it was not necessary to kill an elephant, which was the consequence of his clumsy decision. However, there is no greater embarrassment than laughter in the face, sent to the white officer of the British Empire.

An excerpt from "Shooting an Elephant" that best demonstrates the dual destructive influence of imperialism, both on the local and the imperialist ones, is C).

Answer 2
Answer:

Answer:

i believe answer is C for apex

Explanation:

Related Questions

I want to go to the concert, but I'm not sure if I will be able to make it to see the beginning.is this the correct use of commas?
Underline words and phrases for strong negative connotations. How did they support the authors purpose?
Necesito una oracion con "by"
Can you tell me what Is a Pen Name?
What does "I have a soul of lead" mean in shakespeare?

Which one is right?i am in karachi
i am at karachi????

2 results will be announced ....9:00 pm
at
on

plz tell with explanation ?????

Answers

i am in karachi, because Karachi is a city and you can't be "at" a city. Saying I'm at only works if it a place such as a grocery store or a mall, but does not apply to cities or countries.
I am at Karachi. Hope this helped

What. Is the antonym of uninformed fool

Answers

The antonym of an uninformed fool would be an enlightened sage. While an uninformed fool lacks knowledge and understanding, an enlightened sage possesses wisdom and profound insight.

The term "uninformed" suggests a lack of awareness or information, while "fool" implies a person who acts foolishly or unintelligently. In contrast, an enlightened sage is someone who is knowledgeable, wise and has a deep understanding of various subjects.

They make informed decisions based on their wisdom and experience, exhibiting intelligence and discernment.

This antonym highlights the stark contrast between someone lacking knowledge and acting foolishly versus someone who is well-informed and wise.

Know more about antonyms:

brainly.com/question/11457192

#SPJ6

Oracle is the antonym of uninformed fool. 
I hope I helped !!!! :)))) 

Hi, could you help me for the mission 3 please? Thank you and good day to all.

Answers

Alrighty. If I'm reading the directions correctly, you've got to pair up the cards with matching ailments.
Now,if you notice, some cards are written in one format, and some are written in another. The ones written in the format of Ailment, Prescribe, Extra Advice, have things a doctor would say. The ones written in the format of Ailment, Duration, Previous Medication are things that a patient would know.
Therefore, the cards would be paired up as such:
Sore Throat - Patient: Card 4, Doctor: Card 1
Rash - Patient: Card 6, Doctor: Card 2
Bad Cut - Patient: Card 3, Doctor: Card 7
Indigestion - Patient: Card 8, Doctor: Card 8
All you have to do now is make the conversations between the two. For example, in the conversation of patient with a sore throat and their doctor would go something like this:
Patient: Doctor, I have a sore throat.
Doctor: How long has it been going on?
Patient: I've had it for three days.
Doctor: Have you taken any other medications for it?
Patient: Just some throat lozenges.
Doctor. Alright. I'm going to prescribe some cough syrup. You should take it every five hours. Also, make sure to drink plenty of liquids, especially warm tea with honey, because it will soothe your throat.

You can continue the conversation with formalities such as a greeting at the beginning and thank-yous and goodbyes at the end, but they aren't strictly necessary according to the directions.
The conversation should include everything the cards have on them, so as to follow the directions completely. The doctor has to ask questions about the condition, which the patient card answers, and then prescribe a treatment and give extra advice, which the doctor card supplies.
All the information is right there, you just need to put it all in a speaking-type format, as opposed to just the facts.

Read the passage. Which statement best describes how Belle changes over the course of the story? Riding a Bicycle It was a bright Sunday morning when Belle woke up with the biggest smile on her face. She had been looking forward to this day for a long time. Her father was going to teach her to ride a bicycle. She dressed quickly and gulped down her breakfast. After breakfast, Belle’s father showed her the different parts of a bike. Then he said he would hold onto the back of the bike while she peddled. But Belle’s excitement got the better of her. She said she wanted to try riding by herself. Her father let go. Belle quickly lost her balance and crashed to the ground. The fall dazed her. She grumpily agreed to let her father keep holding the bike while she rode. Every once in a while, he would let go. The moment he did, Belle would lose her balance and topple over. Her father explained that this was perfectly normal. He said that all first-time riders fall. Even so, Belle’s mood darkened with each fall. After a while, she wanted to give up and return home. Belle’s father tried to talk her out of quitting. He pointed toward some other children biking nearby. He showed her how happy they looked as they rode their bicycles. He told her she needed to keep trying. With a little more effort, she would soon enjoy riding just like the other children. His words gave Belle the determination to keep going. After several more failed tries, Belle finally got the hang of it. She began gently peddling by herself, beaming with pride. She had finally done it! That night, she went to bed with a couple of bruises and cuts. But she had an even bigger smile on her face than she’d had in the morning. She would forever remember this day and the lesson she learned about never quitting. A. Belle starts showing more trust in her father as he teaches her how to ride a bike. B. Belle becomes less excited as the story goes on, until her excitement for bike riding disappears. C. Belle learns both how to ride a bike and how important it is not to give up. D. Belle gets hurt from falling off her bike, which scares her away from bike riding for good.NEED HELP

Answers

B. Belle becomes less excited as the story goes on, until her excitement for bike riding disappears.

Answer:

I am sure that is the correct answer B because I went of it a few times and I believe it is correct Hope this helps guys :)

Explanation:

Synonym of to argue about something that is not important

Answers

Bicker- to argue about things that are not important
Cavel- to argue or protest about unimportant details

plz answer this question about Charlotte Doyle from " The True confessions of Charlotte Doyle": name the character traits of Charlotte Doyle,and what kind of girl she was, by reading the frist 3 chapters.

Answers

In the first 3 chapters, she could be cautious, gullible and loyal.
Other Questions
Tales of the Deep: The Giant Squid PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Have you ever wondered what swims in the deepest parts of the world's oceans? Well, we just got a better idea about one mysterious creature of the deep ocean: the giant squid. Just recently a Japanese film crew managed to film a giant squid swimming in its natural habitat. They managed to lure it to their cameras with bait after many hours of waiting and searching two thousand feet below the surface of the Pacific Ocean. The giant squid is truly a giant. It can grow up to 50 feet in length, with tentacles making up most of this great length. For comparison, 50 feet is about as long as most school buses. Imagine meeting something the size of your school bus in the deep dark ocean and you might get an idea what it is like to meet a squid. Over the centuries, many squid specimens have been found, but it's hard to get an idea of how the squid lives because it typically cruises in the deepest depths of the ocean. We know that the giant squid's main predator is the sperm whale. We know this because bits of giant squid have been found in the stomachs of sperm whales. We also know they feed on deep-sea fish and other squid. We know this because of all the giant squid that have washed ashore. The giant squid lives in all of the world's oceans—though few are found in the tropics or the Arctic waters. As a result, stories of giant squid were told among sailors for hundreds of years. These sightings must have been frightening and may be the source for the legend of the Kraken—a sea monster reputed to be as large as an island—capable of eating an entire ship. Which sentence most correctly explains the main idea of the entire passage? Because few people had ever seen it, the giant squid is one of the great sea-monster mysteries of the deep. Because it eats so many fish, both of its own size and larger, the giant squid has earned its reputation as a mysterious monster of the deep sea. Because it is likely the cause of so many shipwrecks, the giant squid has earned a reputation as a school-bus-sized hazard of the deep sea. Because it is a favorite food of sperm whales, the giant squid spends most of its time in the deepest ocean and is a mystery to humans.