What's the literary movement of "The black ball" by Ralph Ellison?

Answers

Answer 1
Answer:

The Black Ball, by Ralph Ellison, is most likely to belong to the Contemporary Period of American Literature.

Ellison began to publish his works in the 1950s and his themes revolved around the struggles African-Americans had to face while trying to not only survive but to be seen and heard by a racist society. He was certainly influenced by the movement known as the Harlem Renaissance, when black art flourished full of creativity and pride.

The Black Ball speaks of struggle and hope. John, the main character, has to deal with discrimination while he tries to teach his own son that being American is better and more important than being black, brown, or white.

Related Questions

What is a carhop???????????????????????
Read the tragedy of Macbeth by William Shakespeare scenes 3 lines 129-140: what inference can you make about the kind of king Malcolm will be? what specific information supports your inference?
Which sentence contains an infinitive or infinitive phrase? A. A row of evergreen trees led to the hotel. B. Mia is hoping to return to the island of her birth. C. Glistening glass mirrored us as we walked. D. Call me later and tell me about the party
Read the passage that Gabriel wrote for his narrative essay.Once we arrived at the local pool, I looked around to see who else was there. Normally, I would have found the kids frolicking and splashing in the water hilarious, but not today. They were cute, but the fact that they were half my age and swimming around like so many ducks just made me feel worse.“You nervous?” my mom asked.I swallowed the lump in my throat. “Not really,” I mumbled, trying to hide my shaking hands in my pockets.I don’t think I fooled my mom, but she didn’t comment on the fact that I looked a little green. Instead, she tried to encourage me, saying, “Well, I think it’s really impressive that you’re going to confront your fear of water and learn to swim.”What is the most likely reason Gabriel chose to write his essay with this point of view?Since a narrative essay tells a story about the writer’s life, it is most effective to address the reader directly.Since a narrative essay tells a story about the writer’s life, it is most effective to tell the story from the writer’s point of view.Since a narrative essay tells a story about the writer’s life, it is most effective to rely on a narrator outside the story.Since a narrative essay tells a story about the writer’s life, it is most effective to provide the reader with multiple points of view.
What's the meaning of 'Fanboy'

Look at this sentence.The girl just careful throwed the ball.
This sentence jas TWO errors. Rewrite the sentence correctly.

Answers

Hi !!

The girl just carefully threw the ball.

-

☺☺☺

Answer:

the girl threw the ball carefully

Explanation:

An _ consist of two rhyming lines of verse with five iambic feet

Answers

heroic couplet....................

What does Atticus do for a living in To Kill a Mockingbird

Answers

In To Kill a Mockingbird, Atticus is a lawyer.

Hope I helped you! 
Ossashi :)

Final answer:

In the novel To Kill a Mockingbird, Atticus Finch is a lawyer who is known for his commitment to justice and undertakes the controversial defense of a Black man accused of a crime.

Explanation:

In the novel To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, the character Atticus Finch is a lawyer by profession. He is known for his strong moral compass and commitment to justice. As an attorney, he takes on a controversial case defending a Black man, Tom Robinson, who is unjustly accused of a crime. This case and Atticus's approach to it are central to the themes of the novel.

Learn more about Atticus Finch's profession here:

brainly.com/question/34118151

#SPJ6

Which two scenarios are examples of an external conflict between a character and society?a. Jen and angie both wanted to be class president and campaigned very aggressively to get votes.
b. brad is not happy with the rule that students have assigned seats in the school cafeteria
c. casey and ben were terrified when a family of bears showed up at their campsite
d. george and matt both wanted the lead role in the school play and rehearsed for hours
e .winona's neighbors complained because they thought the garage band made to much noise

Answers

The correct answers are B. Brad is not happy with the rule that students have assigned seats in the school cafeteria and E. Winona's neighbors complained because they thought the garage band made to much noise

Explanation:

The word "conflict" refers to a struggle between opposing forces that is the focus of the story or plot in a literary work, in the case of "character vs. society", this external conflict occurs when a character or more than one character oppose a group of people or society usually because the belief of the character or characters are not the same than the beliefs in the society. This is the case of "Brad is not happy with the rule that students have assigned seats in the school cafeteria" because Brad opposes society or a major group of people that imposed the rule and "Winona's neighbors complained because they thought the garage band made to much noise" because there is an opposition between the band and a major group of people.

Answer:B&E and have a great rest of your day (:

Explanation: ;) pls give branlist

What is the meaning of the term adjustment as used in allegory of the cave?

Answers

Answer:The allegory of the cave is one of the most famous passages in the history of Western philosophy. ... [2] In other words, Socrates is stating that the prisoner does not want to ... However, after his eyes adjust to the firelight, reluctantly and with .... will be collected and used according to Upscribe's privacy policy.

Explanation:

The allegory of the cave is one of the most famous passages in the history of Western philosophy. ... [2] In other words, Socrates is stating that the prisoner does not want to ... However, after his eyes adjust to the firelight, reluctantly and with .... will be collected and used according to Upscribe's privacy policy.

Exercise 6: Establishing Credibility Many teachers take steps to establish credibility (ethos) on the first day of class. For each of the following examples, list which aspect of ethos the teacher is emphasizing for students: a. A young-looking teacher mentions her graduate degree and teaching experience
twice during the first half-hour of class.
b. An older-looking teacher makes several jokes and talks about playing Angry Birds
and Temple Run over the summer.
c. A teacher who taught at a rival school last year mentions that he’s glad to be at this
school now because it was where his father taught for 20 years.

Answers

Answer:

C

Explanation:

establishing credibility through his father who has worked there for 2 decades