Read the following sentence from “No Dogs Bark.""I'll get you to Tonaya. There I'll find somebody to take care of you. They say there's a doctor
in the town. I'll take you to him. I've already carried you for hours, and I'm not going to leave
you lying here now for somebody to finish off."
What is the author's main purpose for including these words spoken by the father?
to show the father's emotional commitment to his son
to emphasize the father's determination to find help for his son
to highlight the father's sense of hope that his son will survive
to indicate that the father feels obligated to help his son

Answers

Answer 1
Answer:

Answer:

The answer is letter B.

Explanation:

No Dogs Bark is a short story written by Mexican writer Juan Rulfo. It narrates the story of a father that is carrying his dying son to a town in order to find a doctor. In this case, the speaker shows that the father is determined to find help for his son by stressing the actions he plans to do, such as finding a doctor, and also the things the father had done, such as the time he has carried the son, ir order to help him.

Answer 2
Answer:

The author includes these words to emphasize the father's determination to find help for his son. It also reveals his emotional attachment and hope for his son's survival. Hence, option B is correct.

The author's main purpose for including these words spoken by the father in 'No Dogs Bark' is to emphasize the father's determination to find help for his son. It showcases his unwavering resolve to carry his son for countless hours and his commitment to not leave his son vulnerable. The father displays an underlying sense of hope for his son's survival and it also reflects his strong emotional attachment. However, his dedicated actions and intense perseverance to find a doctor predominantly reveal his determination to seek help.

Learn more about Character Analysis here:

brainly.com/question/32051808

#SPJ6

Related Questions

Which best completes the sentence? She must have been rehearsing every night because she is dancing so __________ .A.goodB.well
Choose the correct answer to complete the text.After the clas was over, i (1)...the school quickly. My watch showed 2.30 p.m. as i got on my bicycle. I pedaled hard and was soon speeding home. My thought went back to the math (2).... that i had in class. I could remember (3).... how i read the formula again and again last night. I was glad that i had studied hard for that test.1) a. Leftb. Wentc. Camed. Visited2) a. Problemb. Lessonc. Storyd. Quiz3) a. Clearlyb. Slowlyc. Loudlyd. Softly
Help please I have 10 minutes to submit this to my online class1) Which sentence does not contain any errors in comma usage? A. Alaska, the largest U.S. state, was once owned by Russia. B. Rob the team captain, is also a good student. C. Mr. Andersen my new neighbor, is from Denmark. D. Have you met, Dianne my sister, from Denver? 2) Which sentence does not contain any errors in comma usage? A. Coach Alice my soccer coach used to be in the military. B. Friendly Mrs. Cook, a jovial woman likes company. C. The land that is now Florida the Sunshine State, was owned by Spain long ago. D. Craig bought me a gift, a pack of baseball cards. 3) Which sentence does not contain any errors in comma usage? A. Rebecca ran the race, six miles, quite swiftly. B. Has everyone tasted Maggie's new recipe the Italian dish? C. Gary the theater actor, performed the role recently. D. Mrs. Wheeler the mail carrier, delivers, all the mail. 4) Which sentence does not contain any errors in comma usage? A. My favorite poet, whose poems are about everyday life has published a new book. B. Mrs. Beecher, whose maiden name is Parker, just painted her house blue. C. Mrs. Calhoun whom we met a year ago can ride horses. D. Darren whom I miss dearly, will return from his trip next week. 5) Which sentence does not contain any errors in comma usage? A. The book, that you are looking for, is right here. B. Candles which can provide light at night, are made from different kinds of wax. C. That house, which has been for sale for six months is one hundred years old. D. The car that he drove on the muddy road will need to be washed. 6) Which sentence does not contain any errors in comma usage? A. Uncle Frank is the one who will fix our plumbing. B. Here is the firefighter, who will rescue the kitten from our tree. C. Grandma is someone, who knows how to cook effortlessly. D. Steve is talking to the woman, who lives in the apartment right above ours. 7) Which sentence does not contain any errors in comma usage? A. Aloe vera, grown in many parts of the world, is commonly used to prevent skin damage. B. People, eating at restaurants, should tip their servers. C. That team, coached by my dad won third place in the tournament. D. Diana running briskly completed the lap in less than a minute. 8) Which sentence does not contain any errors in comma usage? A. Rose Will, whom I have known for years is moving to Arkansas. B. The board game that my brother likes best is on sale this week. C. Thomas Jefferson who crafted the Declaration of Independence, lived at Monticello in Virginia. D. She accidentally threw away my belt which was brand new. 9) Which sentence does not contain any errors in comma usage? A. The puppy, wearing the red collar, is the most playful. B. Ross is the person, racing after the ball. C. Rachel, observing carefully, found a quarter under some leaves. D. I like that puppy, chasing its tail. 10) Which sentence does not contain any errors in comma usage? A. The boy hurt his left arm playing volleyball yesterday. B. Ancient artifacts sometimes discovered by accident, help us learn new things about the past. C. A race car, driven by a famous stuntman sold quickly at a local auction. D. Here is your cat curled up in the pile of laundry.
He who has heard the line sing suddenly out of his reel, and, after a hard-fought hour, scooped a six-pound black bass into the landing net, weary, but still "game," is not dismayed by bad luck.. A) actively interested Eliminate B) an organized contest C) a secretive activity D) wild animals, birds, or fish
2.Which sentence does not contain any errors in the use of italics or quotation marks?A. Uncle Ross can recite from memory the short poem Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, by Robert Frost. B. Alfred Noyes wrote the short poem "The Highwayman." C. I was surprised by the last stanza of Ernest Lawrence Thayer's short poem about baseball, "Casey at the Bat." D. Ms. Cook's favorite short poem is Henry Wadsworth Longfellow's A Psalm of Life. 3. Which sentence does not contain any errors in the use of italics or quotation marks? A. Sputnik I was launched by the Soviet Union on October 4, 1957. B. The world's first artificial satellite was Sputnik I. C. "Sputnik I" weighed 184 pounds, about as much as an average man. D. The satellite "Sputnik I" circled Earth for several months. 4. Which sentence does not contain any errors in the use of italics or quotation marks? A. No, I'm busy reading Curse of the Red Sox in the sports section of the Boston Globe. B. Did you read the article "How to Avoid Boredom" in today's Bristol Press? C. Would someone pass me the article "Senator Sneezes" in the "Washington Post"? D. Yesterday's Los Angeles Times ran an article titled "So You Want to Become a Movie Star."

Which sentence does not contain any errors in the use of italics or quotation marks?A.
Is the word "their" or the word "there" correct in that sentence?

B.
I often forget to cross my t's when I'm writing quickly.

C.
The word love appears five times in that note. (love is italicized)

D.
Mike's home address begins with a "2."

Answers

A Is Has No Errors . 
Hi Lucky13,
A is the correct answer.

Create the shortest poem ever in world history. This you do, your name could be on the Guiness World Records!

Answers

Madam,I'm Adam.(You can also read it backwards.)
Mom (It's only three letters and you can read it forwards and backwards!

What does the author of "Breathes There the Man" value above all else?A. family
B. wealth
C. home
D. love

Answers

His home. I hope this helps
the answer is home c HOPE THAT HELPS!!

Which words in the sentence make up the adjective phrase? What word does the adjective phrase modify? This story about an idealistic and imaginative knight has delighted many readers.

A.
many readers; modifies story

B.
has delighted; modifies reader

C.
idealistic and imaginative; modifies knight

D.
about an idealistic and imaginative knight; modifies story

Answers

C. Idealistic and imaginative; modifies knight

The adjectives "idealistic" and "imaginative" are used to tell the reader qualities that knight has. So when we ask ourselves "How is the knight?" We can answer, "idealistic and imaginative". (Hint: this is how you can spot adjectives).

How does the letter from Lyddie's mother affect her?

Answers

The letter that she receives from her mother. Lyddie learns that her little sister, Agnes, has died and that her mom is in need of more money to help the family.  Lyddie's reaction to the letter is that she works ever-harder to help her hurting family. 

Identify an write the adverbs clause in each sentence below. 1 I can attend the party when I finish work

Answers

The adverb clause in the sentence is “When i finish work”