The flow rate of the gas pump is 2/3of a gallon in 1/9 of a minute,compute the unit rate

Answers

Answer 1
Answer:

Answer:

The unit rate is 6 gallons per minute.

Solution:

Given, The flow rate of the gas pump is 2/3 of a gallon in 1/9 of a minute,

We have to compute the unit rate?

We know that, a unit rate describes how many units of the first type of quantity corresponds to one unit of the second type of quantity

Here first quantity is gas and the second quantity is time

\text { Now, unit rate }=\frac{\text { first quantity }}{\text { second quantity }}

=\frac{(2)/(3) \text { of gallons of gas }}{(1)/(9) \text { minute }}=((2)/(3))/((1)/(9))=(2)/(3) * (9)/(1)=2 * 3=6

Hence, the unit rate is 6 gallons per minute.

Answer 2
Answer:

Answer:

6 GALLONS PER MINUTE

Step-by-step explanation:

Related Questions

Can someone put this in order greatest interest amount to least
Find the measure of angle K.(I put 60 because it's an acute angle. I don't know if i'm correct though.) If you could can you explain how you got the answer, so I understand it? Please and thank you!
How do i solve this
To estimate the product of 5 and 193 round 193 to the nearest hundred before multiplying
The measure of angle A is 4 degrees greater than the measure of angle B. The two angles are complementary. Find the measure for each angleThe measure of angle D is 5 times the measure of angle E. The two angles are supplementary. Find the measure of each angle.

Benny bought 8 new baseball cards to add to his collection. The next day his dog ate half his collection. There are now only 36 cards left. How many did he start with? Answer in equation

Answers

Benny started out with 80 Baseball cards. 

36 x 2 + 8

When the sum of 1.9 and 2.2 is subtracted from the product of 1.9 and 2.2, what is the difference?Please Help!!! :)

Answers

OK the question is asking what happens when you subtract (1.9+2.2) from 1.9x2.2 or more clearly 1.9x2.2-(1.9+2.2) which equals 4.18-4.1 or .08

21 fewer stars than 3 times a number H

Answers

You get the expression;
3H-21
Hope this helps.

Tricia wants to create a path using pebbles. She has 8 bags of pebbles and each bag covers an area of about 6 square feet. If she wants to make the path 2 feet wide, about how long can she make the path?

Answers

If she wants to make the path 2 feet wide, she can make 24 feet pathlength.

What is a rectangle?

A rectangle is a two-dimensional shape where the length and width are different.

The area of a rectangle is given as:

Area = Length x width

We have,

Number of bags of pebbles = 8 _______(1)

Area covered by each bag = 6 ft²

This can be assumed as,

Length = 3 ______(2)

Width = 2

Area = 3 x 2 = 6 ft²

Now,

From (1) and (2)

1 bag makes a 3 feet length

so,

1 bag = 3 feet

8 bags = 24 feet

Thus,

If she wants to make the path 2 feet wide, she can make 24 feet pathlength.

Learn more about rectangles here:

brainly.com/question/15019502

#SPJ2

24 feet long
8*6=48
48/2=24
so...
your answer is 24 feet long

Hope this helps

P.S. can you mark this a  brainliest answer plz

Which place do I use to compare 60,618 and 60,647?

Answers

Answer:

Tens Place

Step-by-step explanation:

Because the hundreds, thousands, and ten-thousands places are the same

If this helped, please consider picking this answer as the Brainliest Answer. Thank you!

you compare the tens and ones

Using the given points and line, determine the slope of the line. (-3, 0) and (2, 7) slope = -7/5 slope = -5/7
slope = 5/7
slope = 7/5

Answers

(-3, 0) and (2, 7)

slope = (7 - 0) /(2 +3)

slope = 7/5

Answer

slope = 7/5