How are Romantic and Gothic literature related?O
A Romantic literature emphasizes feelings, and Gothic literature
evokes an enjoyable feeling of terror.
O
B. Romantic literature is centered around everyday life, and Gothic
literature turns ordinary events into terrifying ones.
C. Romantic literature is about the horrors connected with
passionate love, while Gothic literature involves stories filled with
blood and gore
D. Romantic literature focuses on criticizing negative energy, and
Gothic literature seeks to expose the sinister life of madmen.
SUBMIT

Answers

Answer 1
Answer:

The way in which Romantic and Gothic literature are related is:

• A. Romantic literature emphasizes feelings, and Gothic literature  evokes an enjoyable feeling of terror.

Gothic literature has to do with the use of horror to create fear, suspense, mystery and intrigue in the minds of the readers and this is done through the use of haunted houses, ghosts, demons, etc.

On the other hand, romantic literature has to do with the theme of love where two people fall in love with each other and they fight for their love against all odds.

Therefore, the correct answer is option A

Read more about Gothic literature here:

brainly.com/question/1234077

Answer 2
Answer:

Final answer:

Romantic and Gothic literature are related through their shared focus on emotions and the imagination, but differ in themes and settings.

Explanation:

Romantic and Gothic literature are related in several ways. Both genres emerged during the same time period in the late 18th and early 19th centuries and were reactions against the rationality and order of the Enlightenment. They both share a focus on emotions and the imagination, but differ in their themes and settings.

Romantic literature, often characterized by an emphasis on individualism and the sublime, explores the power of nature, the intense emotions of love and longing, and the triumph of the individual's spirit. Gothic literature, on the other hand, is known for its supernatural and macabre elements. It often features creepy settings like desolate castles, haunted houses, and ancient ruins, as well as themes of horror, mystery, and the grotesque.

While Romantic literature can evoke strong emotions using beautiful and uplifting scenes or characters, Gothic literature aims to evoke a feeling of terror and fear in the reader. Both genres were highly influential and have had a lasting impact on subsequent literature and art.

Related Questions

Which is a compound complex sentence
"THERE'S A SENSE OF WARMTH WHEN MY THOUGHTS WANDER BACK TO THESE ORCHARDS OF MY YOUTH"How does this sentence help develop the speaker's feelings about the orchards? A.It establishes that the speaker no longer enjoys wandering through orchards. B. It suggests that the speaker's memories are of hot weather in the orchards.C. It tells the speaker's thoughts about the warm colors of orchards. D. It introduces the speaker's sense of fondness for the orchards.
Meaning of the word in the passage?His room, a proper human room although a little too small, lay peacefully between its four familiar walls. A collection of textile samples lay spread out on the table - Samsa was a travelling salesman - and above it there hung a picture that he had recently cut out of an illustrated magazine and housed in a nice, gilded frame.Which word has a meaning most similar to the meaning of proper in the passage?perfectappropriateextravagantpassable
Can someone help me with this please
Which words in this sentence are proper nouns? Their brother, fred, went rafting on the colorado river last summer. Choose all answers that are correct.A.brotherB.summerC.fredD.colorado riverE.rafting

Which verb agrees with its subject? __________ you mean the famous showman? A. Does B. Doesn't C. Do D. Does not

Answers

C is your answer "Do you mean the famous show man?"

Write an adventure about a magical leprechaun ? I don't know what to write ?

Answers

okay. maybe write about about a mischievous misbehaving leprechaun. remember, this is an exercise to test your creativity. the story should be all yours. get creative!
Once there was a magical leprechaun who was named Patrick. He had everything he needed. He had fooled many. Then one day, Patrick was fixing her shoe, and while he was doing that he was stuck on a thorn. He yelped and screamed and yelled out for help. Then this girl whose name was Liz Monroe came skipping down the hill. It's St. Patricks Day, she sang. Liz came to a stop when she heard screaming. She looked all around and found a little man stuck on a thorn. "Oh hello, please help me out of this thorn. It pains terribly." Liz took the man in her rough hands and said, "Mm, you are a leprechaun! Tell me and show me where that pot of gold is. Tell me I said", Liz hissed at the leprechaun. "If you don't tell me I will, I will.... Ah, I will carve out your heart and feed it to the animals." The leprechaun shrugged his shoulders and pointed to the old tree, with a lily around it. "It's over there, go get your nasty gold. I don't get why you need that." The leprechaun moved around and Liz said, "Okay, I am going to mark this with my diamond ring! And you are going stay with me." 
"Leave me I say, leave me."
"Okay fine anyways I will mark it with my ring." Liz left the leprechaun and watched the leprechaun disappear into the pathway. The next day, Liz Monroe went out with a shovel. But she couldn't imagine what her eyes saw. So many diamonds and so many lilies and so so many old trees. She wondered about so many diamonds. And took them home. "Whatever". Liz mumbled. When she got home and opened her hands, the diamonds were replaced with dirt. She was so said and promised herself that she wouldn't never, never, ever leave a leprechaun if she ever found one.

in the tollbooth. In Act II, you see them in action and hear more of what they have to say. How are the two characters alike? How are they different? What do they do to help Milo? In a paragraph, compare and contrast Tock and Humbug as they are in Act II. Tell at least two ways in which they are alike and two ways in which they are different.

Answers

I remember reading that book last year, I really liked it . :)
Anyway, the difference between Tock and humbug, if I remember correctly, is: Tock is brave, loyal, and quite responsible, while humbug is selfish, talks nonstop and is very cowardly. Tock and Humbug have close to nothing in common other then one thing, that one thing being that they both become Milo's companions in the story and teach Milo valuable lessons about what to, and what not to do.

I hope this helps, if it does please let me know, and mark brainliest if you have the time. thank you :)

A black rock that produces heat

Answers

Coal produces heat and it is black
A black rock that produces heat would have thermal energy. It is called a coal. 

Which pair of sentences can be combined using a conjunction? A.
Asha doesn't want spaghetti for dinner. She will visit her sister tomorrow.

B.
Play this game with me. What are you doing later?

C.
Those carrots look delicious. Don't forget to walk the dog!

D.
Joanna visited the zoo last weekend. She saw a toucan. plz help!!!

Answers

D.Joanna visited the zoo last weekend. She saw a toucan. this is the only sentence that can be joined by a conjunction.
D. 

Look. Joanna visited the zoo last weekend and saw a toucan. It makes sense. All the other sentences joined together will not make sense. Think. Those carrots look delicious and don't forget to walk the dog! Right? So, it's D.

What is the adverb phrase in the sentence? Various types of campers with tents or RVs camp out with their families.A. of campers
B. with tents or RVs
C. with their families

Answers

the answer would be c. with their families

C

The correct answer is c

Other Questions