Find an equation for the parabola with focus at (-5,-4) and vertex at (-5,-3)

Answers

Answer 1
Answer:

Answer:

(x+5)^(2)=-4(y+3)

Step-by-step explanation:

Given:

Focus point = (-5, -4)

Vertex point = (-5, -3)

We need to find the equation for the parabola.

Solution:

Since the x-coordinates of the vertex and focus are the same,

so this is a regular vertical parabola, where the x part is squared. Since the vertex is above the focus, this is a right-side down parabola and p is negative.

The vertex of this parabola is at (h, k) and the focus is at (h, k + p). So, directrix is y = k - p.

Substitute y = -4 and k = -3.

-4 = -3+p

p=-4+3

p=-1

So the standard form of the parabola is written as.

(x-h)^(2)=4p(y-k)

Substitute vertex (h, k) = (-5, -3) and p = -1 in the above standard form of the parabola.

So the standard form of the parabola is written as.

(x-(-5))^(2)=4(-1)(y-(-3))

(x+5)^(2)=-4(y+3)

Therefore, equation for the parabola with focus at (-5,-4) and vertex at (-5,-3)

(x+5)^(2)=-4(y+3)

Related Questions

Todd orders pictures from a photographer. Each picture costs $7.50. A one-timeshipping fee of $3.25 is added to the cost of the order. The total cost of Tood's ordebefore tax is $85.75. How many pictures did Todd order?
Please help, i need help understanding this better.
Find f(3) for f(x)=1/2(4)*
64, 32, 16, 8,....Find the 9th term
What is the coefficient of the term -4yz/3

1. a baker had 10 sacks containing the following amounts of flour: 4 1/2 kg , 31/4 kg ,2 1/2 kg ,2 1/2 kg , 4 kg ,3 1/4 kg ,4 1/4 kg , 5 kg , 2 1/2 kg , 3 1/4 kg2. plot the measurements on a line plot give the line plot a title and label the axis

3. if the baker redistributed the flour equally among the ten bags how much flour would be in each bag explain your answer

Answers

Baker's Flour in kg Y x x A x x X x x x x x x I ----------------------------------------------------------- S 2 1/2 3 1/4 4 4 1/4 4 1/2 5 X axis It would be 3.5 in each bag after the baker redistributes the flour. This is because the total flour would be 35 kg. 35 divided by 10 is 3.5 kg of flour in each bag.

Solve 2/3 x d = 10/9

Answers

Answer:

Exact Form:

d=5/3

Decimal Form:

d=1.  6

Mixed Number Form:

d=1  2/3

Photo above! How do I find the area of this? I'm more concerned about how to find the answer than the actual answer itself. I just need to know how to find the area

Answers

Well, this is how I do it. Multiply 4 and 10 and get the area of the whole thing. Answer is 40. Then, multiply 3 and 5. (I got 5 from subtracting 2 and 3 from 10). This gives me the area of the missing piece. Answer is 15. Lastly, I subracted. 40 - 15. Gave me 35. My final answer I got is 35. I hope my answer is correct! I hope this helped!
(2·4)+(1·5)+(3·4)=25

**PLEASE HELP ME ASAP**1. Akira earns $8 each day she cares for her neighbor's dog. Write an equation to represent the relationship between the amount of money Akira earns, m, and the number of days, d, that she cares for the dog. How much will Akira earn if she cares for the dog for 5 days?
2. Hugo rides his bike at an average rate of 15 mph. Write an equation to represent the relationship between the distance, d, that Hugo rides and the number of hours, h, that he rides. How far will Hugo ride if he rides his bike for 3 hours?
3. Every time Luke puts a dime into the parking meter, he gets 10 minutes of parking time. The equation p = 10d represents the time, p, he can park after he puts d dimes into the meter. Analyze the variables. If he puts 5 dimes into the meter, can Luke park for more than or for less than 1 hour?

Answers

1) m=8d      $40
2) d=15h      45 mi
3) less than one hour

Given (x) - 3x-1 and g(x)=2x-3, for which value of x does g(x) = f(2)?

Answers

Question:

Given f(x) = 3x-1 and g(x)=2x-3, for which value of x does g(x) = f(2)?

Answer:

The value of x is 4 for g(x) = f(2)

Solution:

Given that,

f(x) = 3x-1\n\ng(x) = 2x - 3

We have to find the value of "x" such that g(x) = f(2)

Let us first find f(2)

Substitute x = 2 in f(x) function

f(x) = 3x-1\n\nf(2) = 3(2) - 1\n\nf(2) = 6 - 1 = 5

Thus f(2) is 5

Now find: g(x) = f(2)

Equate given function of g(x) and f(2) which is found to be 5

g(x) = f(2)\n\n2x - 3 = 5\n\n\text{Move the constants to other side }\n\n2x = 5 + 3\n\n2x = 8\n\n\text{Divide both sides of equation by 4 }\n\nx = 4

Thus for x = 4 , we get g(x) = f(2)

There are 40 marbles in a bag. 18 are red, 12 are white, and 10 are blue. What is the probability of picking a red marble?

Answers

Answer:

40%

Step-by-step explanation: