ERIN: (looking at a calendar) What do you think?MICHAEL: (shaking his head) I don't know, but we have to decide.
ERIN: (picking up baby Grant and kissing him) Your second birthday will be so much fun, big boy!
MICHAEL: I think more kids will be able to come if we have it in the afternoon. And on a Saturday, not Wednesday. Well, at least we have the theme picked out.
ERIN: Thank goodness for that! Grant just loves Dr. Seuss. (pulls out her cell phone) I think I will call his grandmother to talk about it.
Which statement BEST explains what is happening in this scene?

A) Erin and Grant are planning a birthday party for Michael.
B) Michael and Erin are trying to choose a date and time for a Christmas party.
C) Michael is planning to take Grant to the doctor before his birthday.
D) Michael and Erin are trying to choose a date and time for Grant's birthday party.

Answers

Answer 1
Answer:

Answer:

d

Explanation:

Answer 2
Answer:

Answer:

the answer to this is d

Explanation:

Related Questions

10 Points1) The word novel is borrowed from the Italian word novella (Henry 235). Defining exactly what a novel is can be hard work. The standard dictionary definition is "a fictional prose narrative of considerable length, typically having a plot that is unfolded by the actions, speech, and thoughts of the characters" ("Novel"). Novels in some way represent life. The representations, however, occur in a narrative about life and experience. Since the novel can represent life, such fiction can be serious. The seriousness begins when the novel deals with humankind in a way that shows its importance and significance within the fictional world of the novel. The world of a novel varies greatly from author to author because each writer creates a new fictional world for a new work. That world may be all the relationships of a whole nation or of a very small town. That world may be as confined as the captain's cabin on a ship or as open as a little island. That world may also be as withdrawn as the farthest recesses of the human mind. Novels are important as they entertain and instruct the readers through a variety of life experiences.What is the authors tone towards the subject A)it is detached B)it is interested C)it is frustrated D) it is mocking 2) Which of the following is an appropriate topic for a five page research paper A)sleeping habits of two-year oldsB) the hierarchy of dolphin pods C) how the pen was created D) Benjamin Franklin’s writing and how they affected the American government 3) The word novel is borrowed from the Italian word novella (Henry 235). Defining exactly what a novel is can be hard work. The standard dictionary definition is "a fictional prose narrative of considerable length, typically having a plot that is unfolded by the actions, speech, and thoughts of the characters" ("Novel"). Novels in some way represent life. The representations, however, occur in a narrative about life and experience. Since the novel can represent life, such fiction can be serious. The seriousness begins when the novel deals with humankind in a way that shows its importance and significance within the fictional world of the novel. The world of a novel varies greatly from author to author because each writer creates a new fictional world for a new work. That world may be all the relationships of a whole nation or of a very small town. That world may be as confined as the captain's cabin on a ship or as open as a little island. That world may also be as withdrawn as the farthest recesses of the human mind. Novels are important as they entertain and instruct the readers through a variety of life experiences. Which sentences are off topic A)sentences 1-3B)sentences 1-4C)sentence 7-8D)8-114)Paragraph from question 1 and 3 What is the purpose of this paragraph A) to define novels B) to describe novels C) to introduce the topic of novels D)To create interest in the topic of novels 5)A) why Drew is a better batter B) Number of home round in the 2005 season C) The Odyssey Batters D) Number of outs in the 2004 season
Which of the following sentences demonstrates correct pronoun-antecedent agreement? a.ms.tanaka told james and me that our project was the best in the class.b. amy and me wanted to perform a song for the talent show last year. c. Paul begged his teacher to accept the project even though itself was late. d. Gloria asked her mother if her could play on the soccer team this year.
Write a short description of horses
Your state government is planning to stop the payment of registration for ssce students in your state. Write a letter to the governor, giving him at least three reasons why the government should continue with the gesture of good Will
Fill in the blank with these words!. abrsive2. abound3. abscond4. abhor5. abstemious6. discreet7. ascertain8. discern9. infraction10.infringe11.suffrageMy question is:After persuading gullible victims to hand over their life savings, the tricksters _______ed

What is the function of the bumpy  pads on a tasmanian devils paws

Answers

Adaptions for friction and traction.

Which of the following statements about a sentence's subject is correct? A. The subject should always agree with the verb.
B. The subject is unnecessary in interrogative sentences.
C. The subject has to be placed before the verb.
D. The subject of the sentence is always paired with a helping verb

Answers

The correct answer is A. The subject should always agree with the verb. This is because agreeing between the subject and the verb is the only grammatically correct form in the standardized English language.
The answer to this question is A because of the subject-verb agreement rule.

Part AWhat is one of Roosevelt's purposes for delivering this speech?

to ask Congress to declare war on Japan

to explain why Japan attacked Pearl Harbor

to explain to Congress why war is important

to tell the American people his thoughts on war
Part B

How does Roosevelt use rhetoric to advance his purpose identified in Part A?

He ends the speech with a call to action, encouraging Congress to declare war on Japan.

He ends the speech with a direct appeal for all Americans to seek revenge for Pearl Harbor.

He ends the speech with an extended metaphor meant to garner support for war with Japan.

He ends his speech with a rhetorical question intended to motivate Congress to discuss war in the Pacific.

Answers

Answer:

Basically what he was saying is that part A is "to ask Congress to declare war on Japan" and Part B is "He ends the speech with a call to action, encouraging Congress to declare war on Japan."

Explanation:

Final answer:

President Roosevelt's speech aimed to persuade Congress to declare war on Japan after Pearl Harbor, using strong rhetorical language and a call to action to unify Congress and the American people behind this decision.

Explanation:

Part A: Roosevelt's Primary Purpose for the Speech

One of President Roosevelt's primary purposes for delivering his speech to Congress was to ask Congress to declare war on Japan following the attack on Pearl Harbor. This request came on December 8, 1941, a day after the infamous attack, which propelled the United States into World War II.

Part B: Roosevelt's Use of Rhetoric

In advancing his purpose, Roosevelt strategically employed rhetorical devices to persuade Congress and the American people of the necessity of war. He used strong language to emphasize the surprise and malicious nature of the attack, framing it as a 'date which will live in infamy.' This particular phrase and the solemn tone used throughout the speech, combined with the urgency in declaring the nation's victimhood and call to action, are key rhetorical choices Roosevelt made. Consequently, he ends the speech with a call to action, encouraging Congress to declare war on Japan, showcasing his effective rhetoric that galvanized the nation's support for entering World War II.

Which sentences are written in passive voice? Check all that Apply.

Answers

Answer:

2.)That book was written by one of my favorite authors.

4.)The contestants will be judged on style and originality.

5.)In my house, fruit is often served after a meal.

Explanation:

Answer:

Second statement is written in the passive voice.

Write a sentence that Mentions a clothing store and one of your family members.5TH GRADE STANDARD PLEASE!

Answers

My sister took me to the clothing store to buy me a new oufit, because my old clothes had worn out.

((when it says clothing store, does it mean a specific chain like Winners or Northern Reflections, or just a clothing store?)
My mom took me to a clothing store to get me a dress for my 5th grade promotiob

The following passage is from page 20 of the book Interesting Creatures of the Sea by Cameron James:Plough snails are animals that live on the seashore. They use their fleshy bodies to bury themselves in the sand during low tides. The snails do this in order to avoid getting washed out to sea. When the high tide rolls in, the snails come out of the sand. They turn their bodies into the waves and let the water push them further up onto the beach.
Plough snails eat dead fish and other dead animals that wash up on the beach. These creatures have a keen sense of smell. They can detect even the tiniest amount of dead animal particles in the water. When they smell a dead animal on the beach, they hurry toward it. The snails have a straw-like tube that they stick into dead animals. They use the tube structures to suck their food. Plough snails can eat enough at one time to keep them alive for two weeks.

According to MLA guidelines, which of the following sentences quotes this passage correctly?
A.
James states, "Plough snails use their fleshy bodies to bury themselves in the sand during low tides" (20).
B.
James states, "The snails come out of the sand when the high tide rolls in" (20).
C.
James states, "Plough snails bury themselves in order to avoid getting washed out to sea" (20).
D.
James states, "They turn their bodies into the waves and let the water push them further up onto the beach" (20).

Answers

Answer:

Its A

Explanation:

B is wrong

Answer:

B. James writes, "[Plough snails] can detect even the tiniest amount of dead animal particles in the water" (20).

Explanation:

According to MLA guidelines, which of the following sentences quotes this passage correctly?

A.  

James states, "[Plough snails] eat dead fish and other dead animals that wash up on the beach" (20).

B.  

James writes, "[Plough snails] can detect even the tiniest amount of dead animal particles in the water" (20).

C.  

James informs, "Plough snails eat so much in one meal that one feeding keeps them going for two weeks" (20).

D.  

James explains, "The snails stick into dead animals tubes that are like straws" (20).