Exercise 6: Establishing Credibility Many teachers take steps to establish credibility (ethos) on the first day of class. For each of the following examples, list which aspect of ethos the teacher is emphasizing for students: a. A young-looking teacher mentions her graduate degree and teaching experience
twice during the first half-hour of class.
b. An older-looking teacher makes several jokes and talks about playing Angry Birds
and Temple Run over the summer.
c. A teacher who taught at a rival school last year mentions that he’s glad to be at this
school now because it was where his father taught for 20 years.

Answers

Answer 1
Answer:

Answer:

C

Explanation:

establishing credibility through his father who has worked there for 2 decades

Related Questions

Select the most effective counter argument to the statement below. With the missing school budgets, gym class is not as important as core courses
A sentence for miniature and a sentence for cossaks
the word or phrase that receives the action of a verb in a sentence is the blank direct object or indirect object
What is a positive connotation for overprotective
Who helps Ramona get help with the egg mess? A. Howie B. Susan C. Marsha D. Yard Ape

Which word in the sentence does the adverb modify? My older sister patiently watched the yellow fish.

A.
sister

B.
fish

C.
yellow

D.
watched
I think it might be B. but IDK!

Answers

The answer is D) watched
Adverbs describe verbs while adjectives describe nouns
D.
It's 'watched' because an adverb accompanies a verb, hence the etymology adverb. The adverb changes how she watched.

Which sentence does not contain any punctuation errors?A.
My family got up, had breakfast, and made an early start on our camping trip.

B.
My family got up had breakfast and made an early start on our camping trip.

C.
My family got up, had breakfast and made an early start on our camping trip.

D.
My family got up, had breakfast, and, made an early start on our camping trip.

Answers

"A. My family got up, had breakfast, and made an early start on our camping trip." is correct, although it should be noted that the "oxford comma" after "breakfast" is a choice, not a rule.
A. My family got up, had breakfast, and made an early start on our camping trip.

Which situation is the bestexample of irony?
A. We went on an African animal safari but only
saw rabbits and mice like the ones we have at
home.
B. Disneyland is said to be the happiest place on
earth.
C. The pack horses stood under the trees to find
shelter from the rain.

Answers

Answer:

option a

Explanation:

Answer:

A

Explanation:

It is an example of irony since they went on an African animal safari and only saw rabbits and mice instead of other animals as well.

By the end of Mercutio's speech about Queen Mab, how do readers imagine her? A.
as adorable but tricky

B.
as romantic but fickle

C.
as frightening and evil

D.
as unrealistic and phony

Answers

D, in Romeo and Juliet Queen Mab is not real, yet a made up tale that Mercutio discusses, and is meant to seem like an unrealistic, yet dreamy aspect.

Which line from the story contains dialect?

Answers

The answer is, "yeah, I'll ask ma.....dialect in speech means you replace the common or correct word (money), with slang, (bucks)...

Which word correctly completes the sentence? We applauded the three __________ skillful performances. A. jugglers B. jugglers C. jugglers

Answers

We applauded the three skillful performances,by the jugglers( using the proper punctuation marks)