Show steps how to solve for y!!!!!
2y+2=3y/2
Please help me

Answers

Answer 1
Answer:

\text{Solve for y:}\n\n2y+2=(3y)/(2)\n\n\text{Multiply both sides by 2 to cancel the denominator}\n\n4y+4=3y\n\n\text{Subtract 3y from both sides}\n\ny+4=0\n\n\text{Subtract 4 from both sides}\n\n\boxed{y=-4}

Answer 2
Answer:

Answer:-4

Step-by-step explanation:

2y+2=3y/2

Cross multiply

2(2y+2)=3y

Open bracket

4y+4=3y

Collect like terms

4y-3y=-4

y=-4

Related Questions

4.1 Number Talk: DivisionFind each quotient mentally. 645 divided by 100 645 divided by 50 48.6 divided by 30 48.6 divided by x
What’s the value of x in this problem?
An object is launched at 20 m/s from a height of 65 m. The equation for the height (h) in terms of time (t) is given by h(t) = -4.912 + 20t + 65. What is theobject's maximum height?
Help me solve this ok..​
Use the complement to find the probability. Enter your answer in simplified fraction form.A spinner has 3 equal sections that are white, green, and blue. What is the probability of not landing on blue? The probability of not landing on blue is

Follow these steps to prove the given quadrilateral is a parallelogram 1. determine the slope of AB

Answers

Answer:

1.) 4/3

2.) 4/3

3.) 5

4.) 5

I just took the test

Answer:

4/3

i just did the assignment

The marks on a combination lock are numbered 0 to 39. If the lock is at mark 19, and the dial is turned one mark clockwise, it will be at mark 18. If the lock is at mark 19 and turned 137 marks clockwise, at what mark will it be

Answers

Answer:

Mark 2  

There are 40 marks on the lock.

Every full turn of 40 marks, the lock will come back to mark 19.

137/40 = 3R17

You can make three full turns (which is equivalent to doing nothing), and then you must move 17 more marks.

19 - 17 = 2

The lock will be at mark 2.

If the lock is at mark 19 and turned 137 marks clockwise, it will be at mark 2.

What is combination lock?

Combination lock is opened by rotating a set of number dials or marks graduated in a sequence.

The marks on a combination lock are numbered 0 to 39. If the lock is at mark 19, and the dial is turned one mark clockwise, it will be at mark 18. If the lock is at mark 19 and turned 137 marks clockwise,

137 = 40a +b where b<40

Divide 137 by 40, so we get the quotient 3 i.e., a =3.

Substitute a = 3 , the value of b is

b = 17

If the lock is at mark 19 and turned 137 marks clockwise, it will be at mark,

19-17 = 2

Thus, If the lock is at mark 19 and turned 137 marks clockwise, it will be at mark 2.

Learn more about combination lock.

brainly.com/question/24924154

#SPJ2

Select all the equations where b = 11 is a solution. I need the answer quickly please.​

Answers

Answer:

c

The answer is : D and C

Solve for the portion. Round to hundredths when necessary.What is the portion if the base is 1,850 and the rate is 150%?

Answers

The portion is $2,475 if the base is 1,850 and the rate is 150%.

What are Arithmetic operations?

Arithmetic operations can also be specified by subtracting, dividing, and multiplying built-in functions. The operator that performs the arithmetic operation is called the arithmetic operator.

* Multiplication operation: Multiplies values on either side of the operator

For example 12*2 = 24

We have to determine the portion if the base is 1,850.

Here rate is 150% or 150/100 = 1.50.

The base = 1,650.

Since the portion is the multiplication of base and rate.

The portion = base × rate.

The portion = 1650 × 1.50.

The portion = $2,475

Therefore, the portion is $2,475 if the base is 1,850 and the rate is 150%.

Answer:

portion = base * rate. rate is 150% or 150/100 = 1.50. base = 1,650. portion = 1650*1.50. portion = $2,475

plz mark brainliest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tobias is lifting weights and records the total number of reps he does every day. Suppose A represents the number of reps and B represents the day. Which of the following accuratelydescribe this situation?
A. A is a function of B and B is a function of A
B. A is a function of B
C B is a function of A
D. Neither is a function of the other

Answers

Final answer:

The number of reps Tobias does depends on the day, thus 'A' is a function of 'B'. The number of reps in itself does not determine the day, so 'B' cannot be a function of 'A'. The correct answer is 'A is a function of B'

Explanation:

In this situation, each day Tobias lifts weights, he carries out a certain number of reps. So, the number of reps (A) he does is dependent on the day (B), hence, A is a function of B. It simply means that for every day (input), there's a corresponding number of reps (output). It is not necessarily true that for each specific number of reps, there is a specific day. Hence, B cannot be said to be a function of A. Therefore, the correct answer is 'A is a function of B'.

Learn more about Functions here:

brainly.com/question/21145944

#SPJ12

How can you solve linear equations by combining like terms?

Answers

Answer: In algebra, like terms are terms that have the same variables and powers. The coefficients do not need to match. Unlike terms are two or more terms that are not like terms, i.e. they do not have the same variables or powers. The order of the variables does not matter unless there is a power. For example, 8xyz² and −5xyz² are like terms because they have the same variables and power while 3abc and 3ghi are unlike terms because they have different variables. Since the coefficient doesn't affect likeness, all constant terms are like terms.

I HOPE THIS HELPED ! :) mark me brainlist pls

Answer:

by combining them like the ordinary like ordinary integers.

For example we have

8x + 4y = 3x - 6

you will bring 3x to the left so it will become -3x

8x - 3x + 4y = -6

then combine like terms

there you have

5x + 4y = -6

The given:

8x + 4y = 3x - 6

8x - 3x + 4y = -6

5x + 4y = -6