1. What is the job of members of the House of Representatives?2. How frequently are members of the House elected?​

Answers

Answer 1
Answer:

Answer:

The two main duties of the House of Representatives are making laws and scrutinizing the work of the Government.

Explanation:

Answer 2
Answer:

Final answer:

Members of the House of Representatives create and pass federal laws. They are elected every two years during even-numbered years, according to the U.S Constitution.

Explanation:

The job of the members of the House of Representatives, also known as representatives or congresspersons, is to create and pass federal laws. The house is one half of the United States' legislative branch, the other half being the Senate. Each member represents a specific geographical district in a state. Bills pertaining to revenues and appropriations start in the House, and then they go to the Senate. They also have the power to impeach officials and elect the President if no candidate receives a majority in the electoral college.

As for how often they are elected, members of the House of Representatives are elected every two years, during even-numbered years. This is dictated by the U.S Constitution under Article I, Section 2.

Learn more about House of Representatives here:

brainly.com/question/33993125

#SPJ12

Related Questions

Rewrite with all punctuation Wait for me Emma called​
What are assimilationist negroes
Choose the option that best makes the clauses below into a complex sentence: a.Education is vitally important. b.All Americans must be concerned about learning. c.While education is vitally important, all Americans must be concerned about learning. d.Since education is vitally important, all Americans must be concerned about learning. e.So education is vitally important, all Americans must be concerned about learning. f.Although education is vitally important, all Americans must be concerned about learning.
PLZZZZ HELPPPP!!!! ANSWERS PLZZZZZHow does Wilson’s use of words like “autocratic” (paragraph 2), “oppressive duty” (paragraph 4), and “disastrous” (paragraph 4) move his message forward?A. The words are used to intimidate Congress into agreeing to enter the war.B. The words are used to chastise Congress for its inaction regarding the U.S. entering the war.C. The words are used to paint images of dangers to democracy that might happen if the U.S. does not enter the war.D. The words are used to scare the citizens of the U.S. enough that the citizens would appeal to their Congressmen to enter the war.
PLSSSSSS HELPPPPPPWhy is this dog-walking job so important to Amal? A) He wants to make it into a business. B) He wants to get a dog of his own. C) He enjoys designing advertisements. D) He plans to train Scout to do tricks.

Pandemic infectious diseases have affected humans ever since we set foot on this planet, the authors explain. They have shaped the form of civilizations.” How this may be true?

Answers

Answer:

Well, although the most prevalent example right now is of course the coronavirus pandemic, events like this have happened all throughout history. Think of the Black Death: it swept through Europe, killing tens of thousands and pretty much ending the system of feudalism. Though in modern times these pandemics have less potential to upend systems, they remain game changers. The H1N1 epidemic - the Spanish flu - sent shockwaves throughout the globe because of its scope and lethality.

The bank teller gave Kurt a (an) _ look when he deposited a real check for twenty million dollars. (Fill in the blank)

Answers

Answer:

it is a look .

Explanation:

Determine what punctuation rule is illustrated by the following sentence. I often wait until the last minute; consequently, I am known for my procrastination. a. When two independent clauses are closely related to each other and are joined by a conjunctive adverb of two syllables or more, placea colon in front of the conjunctive adverb and a comma after it. b. When two independent clauses are closely related to each other and are joined by a conjunctive adverb of two syllables or more, placea semicolon before the conjunctive adverb and a comma after it. c. When two independent clauses are closely related to each other and are joined by a conjunctive adverb of two syllables or more, place a comma in front of the conjunctive adverb and a comma after it.

Answers

The answer is b) When two independent clauses are closely related to each other and are joined by a conjunctive adverb of two syllables or more, placea semicolon before the conjunctive adverb and a comma after it.

What kind of punctuation joins two clauses whose meanings are closely related?

semicolon

When there is no coordinating conjunction and there is a close relationship between the meanings of two independent clauses, use a semicolon. A comma and a coordinating conjunction are frequently used to separate two independent clauses with similar meanings (and, but, or, not, for, so, yet)

Here's an illustration: I can't go out tonight since I have a big test tomorrow. If a period were used in place of the semicolon, the two clauses in that sentence would be able to stand alone as sentences: Tomorrow is a significant test for me.

to learn more about independent clauses refer to:

brainly.com/question/18133639

#SPJ2

Answer:

When two independent clauses are closely related to each other and are joined by a conjunctive adverb of two syllables or more, placea colon in front of the conjunctive adverb and a comma after it.

Explanation:

I hope this helps.

Which of these could be a topic sentence with an arguable claim for a supporting paragraph?A.
The speaker has an epiphany about life and creativity which occurs in the last stanza.
B.
The speaker uses images of weather to symbolize the conditions that exist within the legal system.
C.
Hopkins ends his poem with a spondee: “Praise Him.”
D.
A careful reader would recognize that the poem introduces a new idea in its third stanza.

Answers

Answer:c

Explanation:

Why is it so important that the kids learn a cals church to kill a mockingbird

Answers

Jen and scout learn that just as some white citizens show prejudice for Maycomb so do black citizens.

In these lines, imagery is used to help readers understand what?"It felt like a dream until the pain hit. Bam! I smacked hard on the pavement. My mother landed right beside me and we tumbled and tumbled and rolled and rolled. I was wide awake now. I went from half asleep to What the hell?! Eventually I came to a stop and pulled myself up, completely disoriented. I looked around and saw my mother, already on her feet. She turned and looked at me and screamed.

“Run!”

So I ran, and she ran, and nobody ran like me and my mom.

It’s weird to explain, but I just knew what to do. It was animal instinct, learned in a world where violence was always lurking and waiting to erupt. In the townships, when the police came swooping in with their riot gear and armored cars and helicopters, I knew: Run for cover. Run and hide. I knew that as a five-year-old. Had I lived a different life, getting thrown out of a speeding minibus might have fazed me. I’d have stood there like an idiot, going, “What ‘s happening, Mom? Why are my legs so sore?” But there was none of that. Mom said “run,” and I ran. Like the gazelle runs from the lion, I ran."

Answers

To understand the pain, fear and maybe bewilderment

Final answer:

The imagery in the provided lines is used to convey the intensity of physical pain and an urgent, instinctual response to potential danger, creating a vivid impression of the situation.

Explanation:

In these lines, the imagery is being used to help readers understand the intensity of an experience, the feeling of real, physical pain and the instinctual response to danger. The phrase 'Bam! I smacked hard on the pavement' creates a vivid image of physical pain and sudden impact. Also, the phrases 'we tumbled and tumbled and rolled and rolled' and 'Run for cover. Run and hide.' give a sense of rapid, chaotic movement and nervous energy. Finally, the comparison 'Like the gazelle runs from the lion, I ran.' gives a strong image of the survival instinct in action. By using such vivid imagery, the writer effectively conveys the feeling of immediacy, fear, and the instinctive fight-or-flight response.

Learn more about Imagery here:

brainly.com/question/32354003

#SPJ12