1. What are the similarities and differences between slavery, Jim Crow, and
the New Jim Crow?

Answers

Answer 1
Answer:

Answer:

In the system of slavery, blacks had utterly no rights whatsoever and were locked into a closed system of exploitation. It was race-based and not eradicated until the Civil War. It was characterized by extreme and arbitrary violence. Jim Crow laws were passed in Southern states after slavery was eradicated in order to reduce former slaves - who were theoretically equal citizens now - to a place of subordination. These laws regarding segregation limited almost all civil liberties and political and economic equality. Jim Crow was overturned due to the efforts of the mid-20th-century Civil Rights Movement. Now that it was illegal to discriminate overtly against blacks, the New Jim Crow system of mass incarceration was born. It was even more sneaky and almost impervious to claims of racism. It disenfranchises and marginalizes people of color just like Jim Crow did, but it's much easier to look the other way or not see the system as racially motivated.

Related Questions

In these lines, imagery is used to help readers understand what?"It felt like a dream until the pain hit. Bam! I smacked hard on the pavement. My mother landed right beside me and we tumbled and tumbled and rolled and rolled. I was wide awake now. I went from half asleep to What the hell?! Eventually I came to a stop and pulled myself up, completely disoriented. I looked around and saw my mother, already on her feet. She turned and looked at me and screamed.“Run!”So I ran, and she ran, and nobody ran like me and my mom.It’s weird to explain, but I just knew what to do. It was animal instinct, learned in a world where violence was always lurking and waiting to erupt. In the townships, when the police came swooping in with their riot gear and armored cars and helicopters, I knew: Run for cover. Run and hide. I knew that as a five-year-old. Had I lived a different life, getting thrown out of a speeding minibus might have fazed me. I’d have stood there like an idiot, going, “What ‘s happening, Mom? Why are my legs so sore?” But there was none of that. Mom said “run,” and I ran. Like the gazelle runs from the lion, I ran."
The rise and fall of ocean tides is caused mainly by the Moon. Agree Disagree Because...
Are the word of "leadership" a trait?
3/4 of the flowers are tulips of the Tulips 2/3 are yellow what fraction of the flower and Yoshi's Gardens are yellow tulips?
What is an SCRC chart

Questions 1–9: Identify the conjunctions in the following sentences. Label each one as coordinating, correlative, or subordinating.1. I left my car at the garage, but I will pick it up tonight.

2. Andrews and McMillan were the first two engineers at the company.

3. I will take our visitors to the theater, provided that you buy the tickets.

4. Commuting may get bad because either rain or snow is expected tonight.

5. The Barkers will be pleased if their dinner is a success.

6. We won’t have the manuals on time unless we get them to the printer tomorrow morning.

7. Both typewriters and word processors are needed in many offices.

8. Richard will come early since he has to set up his projection equipment.

9. Rose will attend the conference, although she will arrive late.

Questions 10–14: Each of the following sentences contains an interjection, but the sentences are missing appropriate punctuation. Rewrite the sentences and add any missing punctuation.

10. Wow What are we going to do?

11. Goodness we’ll have to wait for Ann Marie

12. Well Why did you do such a thing?

13. Oh Elizabeth, please forgive me

14. Oh forget it We’re late already.

Answers

Answer:

1: but

2: and

3: provided

4:because

5:if

6: unless

7:and

9: although

10: Wow, What are we going to do?

11: Goodness, we’ll have to wait for Ann Marie.

12: well, why did you do such a thing?

13: Oh Elizabeth, please forgive me.

14: Oh forget it! we're late already.

Explanation: 1-9 should all be correct, i'm not so sure about 10-14

What does SMART stand for

Answers

the acronym SMART stands for
Specific
Measurable
Attainable
Realistic
Timely

For what purpose does the author mention in names of various Grimm works in the excerpt select three answers

Answers

Hello. The question above is incomplete. The full question is:

Read the excerpt from "How the Grimm Brothers Saved the Fairy Tale."

Though it is impossible to clarify why certain tales were deleted or placed in footnotes in later editions, we do know that "Death and the Goose Boy" was omitted because of its close resemblance to "Godfather Death"; "The Stepmother,” because of its fragmentary nature and cruelty; and "The Faithful Animals,” because it came from the Siddhi-Kür, a collection of Mongolian tales.

From the first edition in 1812/1815 to the final one in 1857, the Grimms received numerous versions of tales already in their collection and new tales from strangers, friends, and colleagues, and they often decided to replace one tale with another version, to delete some of the tales, or to include variants in their footnotes.

For what purpose does the author mentioned the names of various Grimm works in this excerpt? Select three answers.

The author mentions the Grimm's tales to identify some that were omitted or placed in footnotes.

The author mentions which of the Grimm's tales are not suitable for children.

The author identifies the new tales the Grimms received from their colleagues, friends, and strangers.

Answer:

All options are correct.

Explanation:

The article exposes how fairy tales emerged and how they have evolved over the years. Two of the great authors of fairy tales were the brothers Grimm and the author of the article makes several quotations about their works showing the names of many. The author's purpose in citing the names of these works is to show that many of these works have been omitted and placed in footnotes in the most different books on fairy tales, in addition, the citation of these names serves to reveal deaths that were common in these stories. The author also cites these works to show explanations of the content of the stories to serve as a reason for the omission.

Answer:

A, D, E

Explanation:

took test

CommonLit: Animal Emotions Stare Us In The Face-Are Our Pets Happy? PART B: Which detail form the text best supports the answer in Part A?

Answers

Answer:

Explanation:

D

Final answer:

To better understand dog communication and interactions, observation in a relaxed environment like a dog park is better than in a veterinary clinic. Studying visual communication and learning about animals' sensory perceptions can provide deeper insights into the behaviors and emotional lives of our family pets.

Explanation:

Observing dogs at a local veterinary clinic may not be the best way to understand how they communicate and interact with each other, as the setting can be stressful for animals. Instead, observing dogs in a more natural and relaxed environment, such as a dog park, could result in more valid data. This approach would allow for observation of a wider range of social behaviors in a setting that is familiar and comfortable for the dogs.

Studying visual communication in animals is important as it is a significant aspect of their interaction. Animals like dogs and cats use visual cues like body posture, facial expressions, and tail movements to convey their emotions and intentions to both humans and other animals. By observing these cues in a relaxed environment, one might gain a deeper understanding of animal communication.

In addition, learning about the animals' sensory perceptions, such as their ability to hear frequencies that humans cannot, can provide insights into their behavior and communication. Sharing knowledge gained from classes or research on these topics with others who are unfamiliar with these concepts could inspire greater appreciation and understanding of our family pets and their complex emotional lives.

Learn more about animal communication here:

brainly.com/question/33735117

#SPJ12

16.Lines 269–273: What is the purpose of the paragraph that introduces the Second Book?

Answers

Answer: Bradford claims that he is only writing down  "an instance or two and omit the rest," meaning he will only describe the most important events.

Explanation:

Bradford explains that while the departure into Holland, many problems were encountered, including betrayels and ambushes, so many that he couldn´t recollect them all. So he will only describe the most important ones.  

The purpose of the paragraph is to introduce the changes in the Second Book and highlight the opportunities for discussion created for instructors.

The Purpose of introducing the Second Book is to provide an overview of the changes in the text and accompanying lecture materials for instructors.

The paragraph states that the changes aim to make the book more informative and effective, but more importantly, to create additional opportunities for instructors to launch relevant and interesting discussions.

The revised lecture materials go beyond the content of the book, allowing instructors to deepen the engagement with students.

Learn more about Purpose of introducing the Second Book here:

brainly.com/question/1791608

#SPJ3

What are your plans after high school? Write a personal statement about how your education has prepared you to take on your next

Answers

The only person that can truly answer this question is you! I can not begin to imagine what your personal statement looks like because I don’t know how your education has prepared you.

Take some time to think about it! You got this! A personal statement can not be right or wrong because it is your own opinions and experiences.

Be honest, even if the truth isn’t happy! Only you know what your high school experiences have been like!