Determine the voltage across a 2-μF capacitor if the current through it is i(t) = 3e−6000t mA. Assume that the initial capacitor voltage is zero g

Answers

Answer 1
Answer:

Answer:

v = 250[1 - {e^(-6000t)}] mV

Explanation:

The voltage across a capacitor at a time t, is given by:

v(t) = (1)/(C) \int\limits^(t)_(t_0) {i(t)} \, dt + v(t_0)                 ----------------(i)

Where;

v(t) = voltage at time t

t_(0) = initial time

C = capacitance of the capacitor

i(t) = current through the capacitor at time t

v(t₀) = voltage at initial time.

From the question:

C = 2μF = 2 x 10⁻⁶F

i(t) = 3e^(-6000t) mA

t₀ = 0

v(t₀ = 0) = 0

Substitute these values into equation (i) as follows;

v = (1)/(2*10^(-6)) \int\limits^(t)_(0) {3e^(-6000t)} \, dt + v(0)    

v = (1)/(2*10^(-6)) \int\limits^(t)_(0) {3e^(-6000t)} \, dt + 0

v = (1)/(2*10^(-6)) \int\limits^(t)_(0) {3e^(-6000t)} \, dt            

v = (3)/(2*10^(-6)) \int\limits^(t)_(0) {e^(-6000t)} \, dt             [Solve the integral]

v = (3)/(2*10^(-6)*(-6000))  {e^(-6000t)}|_0^t

v = (-3000)/(12)  {e^(-6000t)}|_0^t

v = -250 {e^(-6000t)}|_0^t

v = -250 {e^(-6000t)} - [-250 {e^(-6000(0))]

v = -250 {e^(-6000t)} - [-250]

v = -250 {e^(-6000t)} + 250

v = 250 -250 {e^(-6000t)}

v = 250[1 - {e^(-6000t)}]

Therefore, the voltage across the capacitor is v = 250[1 - {e^(-6000t)}] mV

Related Questions

A small family home in Tucson, Arizona has a rooftop area of 2667 square feet, and it is possible to capture rain falling on about 61.0% of the roof. A typical annual rainfall is about 14.0 inches. If the family wanted to install a tank to capture the rain for an entire year, without using any of it, what would be the required volume of the tank in m3 and in gallons? How much would the water in a full tank of that size weigh (in N and in lbf)?
Calculate how large a mass would be necessary to obtain a mechanical noise limit of [Equation] = 1 nG, 1 µG, and 1 mG if the mechanical resonance frequency is [Equation] = 100 Hz. If the mass is to be made of cube of `silicon, what would its physical dimensions be?
There are three homes being built, each with an identical deck on the back. Each deck is comprised of two separate areas. One area is 112.5 square feet, while the other is136,4 square feet. What is the total square footage of the decks for all three homos? Your answer should be to the nearest tonth of a square
Benzene vapor at 480°C is cooled and converted to a liquid at 25°C in a continuous condenser. The condensate is drained into 1.75-m3 drums, each of which takes 2.0 minutes to fill. Calculate the rate (kW) at which heat is transferred from the benzene in the condenser.
Where should the Q point of an amplifier be on a DC load line to have the LARGEST linear output?

for a rankine cycle with one stage of reheat between turbines, there are how many relevant pressures?

Answers

The four relevant pressures in a Rankine cycle with one stage of reheat are P1, P2, P3, and P4.

For a Rankine cycle with one stage of reheat between turbines, there are typically four relevant pressures:

1. Boiler pressure (P1): This is the pressure at which the water is heated in the boiler before entering the first turbine.
  2. High-pressure turbine outlet pressure (P2): This is the pressure at the outlet of the first turbine before the steam is sent to the reheater.
  3. Reheat pressure (P3): This is the pressure at which the steam is reheated before entering the second turbine.
  4. Low-pressure turbine outlet pressure (P4): This is the pressure at the outlet of the second turbine, which is also the condenser pressure.

To know more about Rankine cycle visit:

brainly.com/question/30985136

#SPJ11

What is the deflection equation for a simply supported beam with a uniformly distributed load?

Answers

Answer:

\Delta _(max)=(5wL^4)/(384EI)

Explanation:

Given that

Load is uniformly distributed load and beam is simply supported.

Ra + Rb= wL

Ra = Rb =wL / 2

Lets x is measured from left side,then the deflection of beam at any distance x is given as

\Delta _x=(wx)/(24EI)(L^3-2Lx^2+x^3)

The maximum deflection of beam will at   x = L/2 (mid point )

\Delta _(max)=(w* (L)/(2))/(24EI)(L^3-2L* \left ((L)/(2)\right)^2+\left((L)/(2)\right)^3)

\Delta _(max)=(5wL^4)/(384EI)

Whats are the best choice of cooling towers for electeic generating power plant and why?

Answers

Answer:

Cooling tower using the "Induced draft tower" mode of operation.

Explanation:

Electric generating power plant generates a lot of steam and heat. On the efficiency aspect of the cooling tower with respect to the operation of the power plant, a cooling tower with its fan at the end of the airstream leaving the tower is best applied considering the pressure of steam coming out of the turbine. On the maintenance angle, it is easier to maintain.

can anyone help me with this please.i have the current and pf for branch 1 and 2 but cant figure out the total current, pf and angle. thanks

Answers

Answer:

• branch 1: i = 25.440∠-32.005°; pf = 0.848 lagging
  • branch 2: i = 21.466∠63.435°; pf = 0.447 leading
  • total: i = 31.693∠10.392° leading; pf = 0.984 leading

Explanation:

To calculate the currents in the parallel branches, we need to know the impedance of each branch. That will be the sum of the resistance and reactance.

The inductive reactance is ...

X_L=j\omega L=j2\pi fL=j100\pi\cdot 15.915*10^(-3)\approx j4.99984\,\Omega

The capacitive reactance is ...

X_C=(1)/(j\omega C)=(-j)/(100\pi\cdot 318.31*10^(-6)F)\approx -j10.00000\,\Omega

Branch 1

The impedance of branch 1 is ...

Z1 = 8 +j4.99984 Ω

so the current is ...

I1 = V/Z = 240/(8 +j4.99984) ≈ 25.440∠-32.005°

The power factor is cos(-32.005°) ≈ 0.848 (lagging)

Branch 2

The impedance of branch 2 is ...

Z2 = 5 -j10 Ω

so the current is ...

I2 = 240/(5 +j10) ≈ 21.466∠63.435°

The power factor is cos(63.436°) ≈ 0.447 (leading)

Total current

The total current is the sum of the branch currents. A suitable calculator can add these vectors without first converting them to rectangular form.

It = I1 +I2 = (21.573 -j13.483) +(9.6 +j19.2)

It ≈ 31.173 +j5.717 ≈ 31.693∠10.392°

The power factor for the circuit is cos(10.392°) ≈ 0.984 (leading)

__

The phasor diagram of the currents is attached.

_____

Additional comment

Given two vectors, their sum can be computed several ways. One way to compute the sum is to use the Law of Cosines. In this application, the angle between the vectors is the supplement of the difference of the vector angles: 84.560°.

Musk is working on developing reusable rockets in order to further us as a space-faring civilization. Given his life dedication to energy production, conservation, and efficiency, can you think of any other reasons that Musk may want to expand our ability to exist on other planets and in space?

Answers

Answer:

exploration

Explanation:

Other than the scientific reasons listed in the question, one of the main reasons why people all over the world are pursuing this endeavor is exploration. As human beings, we love to imagine new worlds and life-forms that we have never seen before. This fuels our need for exploration. Scientists throughout generations have dedicated their entire lives to learning and creating newer and better technology in order for humans to take that next step in exploring and learning the secrets of the universe.

Imagine you have been asked to find the following object pictured on the left in the accompanying array on the right.RED AND WHITE SQUARES ALL LOOK SIMILAR
What type of search do you think this would be?

Answers

This type of search would be a linear search. A linear search involves looking at each item in the array one by one until the desired item is found.

In this case, you would look at each square in the array until you find the one that matches the object pictured on the left.  This is a common search method for small arrays or when the array is unsorted.

The algorithm continues until the target element is found, or until it reaches the end of the array and fails to find the target element. Linear searches are useful in scenarios where the array is small and unsorted, as the algorithm does not need to compare every element in the array to find the target element.

Learn more about linear search:

brainly.com/question/30026271

#SPJ11

Other Questions