Decide whether the following statements are Run On sentences or Sentence Fragments. Then, fix them and make them academic and interesting sentences. Remember to use correct punctuation (3 points each). B-1. 1. Drinking coffee and soft drinks is common, caffeine is a drug, too much sugar is bad for you. 2. Although Barbara moved here only a year ago 3. We have to fix the window screens summer is nearly here. 4. For as long as I can remember. 5. Fares was the best tennis player on the team, he hurt his knee. 6. Skateboading down Broadway. 7. Tom snapped a photograph of Mount Rushmore Tanya stared off into space. 8. If she is nominated. 9. The raise was more than I expected I am not complaining, my schedule is difficult. 10. When the semester ends.

Answers

Answer 1
Answer:

Answer:

1. Drinking coffee and soft drinks is common. Caffeine is a drug, too much sugar is bad for you.

2. Although Barbara moved here only a year ago, she has settled in quickly.

3. We have to fix the window screens, summer is nearly here.

4. For as long as I can remember, we've never had a case of theft.

5. Fares was the best tennis player on the team, even though he hurt his knee.

6. Skateboading down Broadway is dangerous.

7. Tom snapped a photograph of Mount Rushmore. Tanya stared off into space.

8. If she is nominated, she would do good.

9. The raise was more than I expected I am not complaining, my schedule is difficult.

10. When the semester ends.

Explanation:

A Sentence fragment is a type of sentence which does not have a main verb or a subject, or both.

A run-on sentence on the other hand, contain at least two independent clauses which are linked in a sentence without proper use of punctuations.

Therefore, the following sentences are classified into run-on or sentence fragments:

Drinking coffee and soft drinks is common, caffeine is a drug, too much sugar is bad for you.

RUN-ON SENTENCE

Although Barbara moved here only a year ago

SENTENCE FRAGMENTS

We have to fix the window screens summer is nearly here.

RUN-ON SENTENCE

For as long as I can remember.

SENTENCE FRAGMENTS

Fares was the best tennis player on the team, he hurt his knee.

RUN-ON SENTENCE

6. Skateboading down Broadway.

RUN-ON SENTENCE

7. Tom snapped a photograph of Mount Rushmore Tanya stared off into space.

RUN-ON SENTENCE  

8. If she is nominated.

SENTENCE FRAGMENTS

9. The raise was more than I expected I am not complaining, my schedule is difficult.

RUN-ON SENTENCE

10. When the semester ends.

EXPLANATION

Related Questions

PLSSSSSS HELP!!!!!!!!!!! FIRST AWNSER GETS BRAINLIEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Compulsive HoardingWhat Is a Hoarder?A hoarder is a person who accumulates objects and keeps them for future use. Most people like to collect a thing or two of sentimental value. Some collect photographs, stamps, books, movies, or music. However, some people hoard excessively. According to psychologist David Tolin, two to five percent of Americans may meet the criteria for being compulsive hoarders. The problem is more common than people may think.The Reasons for HoardingCompulsive hoarders have a difficult time getting rid of items that the average person considers to be trash. Hoarders find their possessions, even objects such as junk mail, too valuable. They become attached to certain objects and have trouble letting go of them. Hoarders also assume that things most people easily throw away might be useful someday. Thus, hoarders become a burden to both their families and communities. They can even pose serious health risks to themselves and others.The Problems with HoardingCompulsive hoarding is problematic because hoarders are unable to function like regular people. Collecting too much stuff can leave little space for cooking, cleaning, getting around, and even sleeping. The vermin and mold that gather around the hoarded material pose health risks. However, the worst problem that hoarders have to face is dealing with family members and friends. Family members and friends often do not know how to help hoarders. As a result, many of these relationships are strained.The Help Hoarders NeedMost hoarders do not see their unusual behavior as a serious problem. Because hoarders see nothing wrong with their behavior, they rarely seek help. Often, disgruntled family members attempt to help and seek assistance for the hoarders. Because hoarding is a serious problem, the help needed to break the habit needs to be substantial. Hoarders need help to understand that their collections are simply clutter and often a health risk. They need to understand that trash, like a used Band-Aid, should carry no sentimental value and is not worth keeping.Which detail would be most important to include in a summary of the passage?A. A used Band-Aid should not be kept for future use.B. Psychologists know how to help people who hoard.C. Some people enjoy collecting things such as books, music, or stamps.D. Hoarders are attached to objects that most people can easily get rid of.
Everyone has someone in their lives they look up to and they are the role models as well. Do you have a role model? Who do you look up to?
Unscramble the words and phrases to write a sentence. Use correct capitalization and punctuation. may not have as much / people who live / freedom as / with their parents / people who live on their own
**PLEASE HELP**Journal: Equity and Education: How does media and social media play a role?In this assignment, you will be writing a two paragraph journal. In the first paragraph, describe the ways you have seen the discussion of racism, equal rights, or equity show up in various media platforms, including your social media platforms. Has it influenced you or educated you? Has it made you more aware of systemic racism? Has it motivated you to make a change?In the second paragraph, describe ways in which you can help make this world a more accepting and compassionate place? How can you contribute to making society more equitable, and more fair to all people, particularly people who are considered to be a part of minority groups? ​
Which number on the map represents the Missouri River?A. 4B. 6C. 3

Do
you believe in Destiny? Why or Why not?​

Answers

Answer:

I believe in destiny because everyone is destindled to live their life in a way they were destined to be lived. Like how people say two people are destined to be together or they are sulfates. i believe into that.. Every person has a different destiny weather it being death, love, or succes.

Explanation:

srry if you feel otherwise.

Hope this helps with what you needed!

Answer:

I don't

Explanation:

I don't want to sound brute but here is my honest opinion. We will all die and be forgotten. The people who are famous now will be forgotten, and so will people's dreams when they grow up. The only ones who will get farther in living are people with money. The poor will usually end up working in facilities where they repeat a task.

I'm sorry.

Grammar/Mechanics Checkup 8: Commas 3 The following questions will test your knowledge of comma usage.

Identify the comma error(s), and choose the best revision.

Sarah Cortez MBA, is the lead author of the best-selling book, Thought before Action.
Sarah Cortez, MBA, is the lead author of the best-selling book, Thought before Action.
Sarah Cortez, MBA is the lead author of the best-selling book, Thought before Action.
Sarah Cortez MBA is the lead author of the best-selling book, Thought before Action.

Answers

When a comma is used when it is not grammatically required or when one is present but is not necessary, a comma error has occurred. Many individuals frequently sprinkle commas across their writing like salt to give it taste. Thus, option B is correct.

What are the most comma error occur during sentence?

One of the most frequent comma errors is failing to use a comma before a coordinating conjunction (such as “but”) when it joins two independent clauses.

For balance, add a comma after a conjunction. We drove to the beach, but because the parking lot was full, we turned around.

For example, the following would be incorrect: The man ate the pie, but he didn't pay the bill. True: The man consumed the pie, but he neglected to cover the cost.

Therefore, Sarah Cortez, MBA, is the lead author of the best-selling book, thought before action.

Learn more about comma error here:

brainly.com/question/21107255

#SPJ5

Answer:

B, Sarah Cortez, MBA, is the lead author of the best-selling book, Thought before Action.

Art museums around the country host programs for teens every year. Are these programs worthwhile? Four museums around the country conducted a study to determine their effects. More than three hundred past participants, ranging in age from eighteen to thirty-six, were asked to rate their experiences. Three-quarters of respondents said that the arts programs had a more positive impact on their lives than school, neighbors, or family. Two-thirds said that the experience had an effect on their later ideas and actions. According to the study, nearly all of the participants continued to visit art museums, and nearly a third worked in arts-related fields.What is the main idea of this passage.

Answers

Answer:

A study found that teen arts programs have a lasting positive influence on the participants' lives.

Four museums around the country conducted a study to determine their effects on teens. Three-quarters of respondents said the arts programs had a more positive impact on their lives. Two-thirds said the experience had an effect on their later ideas and actions.

Where did the Olympia gods and goddess supposedly live?

Answers

Mount Olympus (the highest mountain in Greece.)

How can i rewrite this sentence A delicious aroma was sent through the house by the baking lasagna

Answers

Answer:

as the delicious lasagna baked in the oven I smelled the delicious smell of the lasagna.

Explanation:

it is all up there

To rewrite the sentence, the phrase 'A delicious aroma was sent through the house by the baking lasagna' can be changed to 'The baking lasagna sent a delicious aroma through the house.'

A way to rewrite the sentence 'A delicious aroma was sent through the house by the baking lasagna' would be 'The baking lasagna sent a delicious aroma through the house.' This version of the sentence is more active and emphasizes the lasagna as the source of the aroma.

Learn more about Rewriting a sentence here:

brainly.com/question/14858155

#SPJ2

How did Shakespeare create a distinction between the educated nobility andthe coarse lower classes?
A. By having noble characters speak in iambic pentameter, while the
lower classes spoke in plain blank verse or prose.
B. By having popular actors play the noble characters, while the
lower-class characters were played by unknowns
C. By having noble characters make fun of and laugh at the
commoners, while the lower classes found nothing humorous
D. By having a happy ending for the noble characters, while the lower-
class characters' lives ended badly

Answers

Answer:

A. By having noble characters speak in iambic pentameter, while the lower classes spoke in plain blank verse or prose.

Other Questions