Is there a quote on the book my secret guide to paris? and please give me the page number

Answers

Answer 1
Answer: The way her eyes wandered around the room, as if hoping to catch a breath of the slightest form of relief only to be disappointed with no comfort in sight.

Page 56

Related Questions

Select which of the following is spelled correctly.A. destructeonB. destructianC. destructionD. destruktion
1 Nate slammed the garage door shut with a loud bang—hopefully loud enough for Granddad to hear from inside the house. Nate was angry, angry at his parents for abandoning him at this house during his vacation, angry for having to spend a beautiful sunny day clearing out a dark and damp garage.2 The dusty garage once housed vehicles, but over time it became cramped with Granddad’s possessions. Tightly packed boxes, bags, and trunks were stacked to the ceiling.You can tell that Granddad’s house isA) brand new. B) very cluttered. C) close to the grocery store. D) located in a big city.
Read this quotation: "That's just it. That's what nobody but you has ever found out. I'm so tame that I'd eat out of your hands." Which character said these words? A. Robin Hood B. the Sheriff of Nottingham C. Mulan's father D. the dragon in "The Last of the Dragons"
In this excerpt from Kennedy's 1963 Civil Rights Address what idea is being most clearly defined? "This is not a sectional issue. Difficulties over segregation and discrimination exist in every city, in every State of the Union, producing in many cities a rising tide of discontent that threatens the public safety. Nor is this a partisan issue. In a time of domestic crisis men of good will and generosity should be able to unite regardless of party or politics."diversityequalityethnic
Is the word thumb a constant?

Which form of the word paralyze BEST fits this sentence? Horrified at how badly his presentation had gone, Jim stood behind the podium frozen in a state of ____________. A) paralysis B) paralyze C) paralyzes D) paralyzing

Answers

Horrified at how badly his presentation had gone, Jim stood behind the podium frozen in a state of paralysis.

Option A is the correct answer, since the blank needs to be completed with a noun according to the sense of the sentence.

The word paralysis is defined as the loss of the ability to move (and sometimes to feel anything) in part or most of the body, typically as a result of illness, poison, or injury.

Answer: a) paralysis

Explanation:

Identify the noun clause in each of the following sentences. 12.The jury didn’t believe that the defendant was innocent. 13. What you have to do is find the most efficient way to solve the problem. 14. His parents didn’t understand why he wanted to leave the family farm and move to the big city. 15. Whoever solves the difficult problem facing the family will be regarded as a hero.

Answers

In a sentence, noun clauses act as subjects, direct objects, indirect objects, predicate nominatives, or objects of a preposition.

12 "that the defendant was innocent"

The clause is acting as a direct object, so it is a noun clause.

13 "What you have to do"

The clause is acting as a subject, so it is a noun clause.

"find the most efficient way to solve the problem"

The clause is acting as a predicate nominative, so it is a noun clause.

14 "why he wanted to leave the family farm and move to the big city"

The clause is acting as a direct object, so it is a noun clause.

15 "Whoever solves the difficult problem facing the family"

The clause is acting as a subject, so it is a noun clause.

• A noun clause is a dependent clause that acts as a noun. A dependent clause includes a subject and a verb. It can also begin with words like why, how, when, where, ect.

12. "that the defendant was innocent"

13. "What you have to do"

14. "why he wanted to leave the family farm and move to the big city"

15. "Whoever solves the difficult problem"

The look and the feel of a rock's surface

Answers

The look and feel of a rock's surface its is mineral.

The look and feel of a rock's surface its called 
Its texture.

Which sentence uses commas correctly? A.
Making pottery, reading books, and playing with my dog are my favorite pastimes.

B.
Do not call, text, or, talk during the speech.

C.
Surfboards, paddleboards and body boards, are not used in pools.

D.
His favorite foods are spaghetti salad and pancakes.

Answers

B.  is wrong because of the comma after the word 'or' shouldn't be there.

C.  is wrong because there should be a comma after the word 'paddleboards' and the comma after the word 'boards' shouldn't be there.

D.  is wrong because there should be a comma after the words 'spaghetti' and after 'salad'.

A. is correct

Making pottery, reading books, and playing with my dog are my favorite pastimes.

Hope this helps. :)

6.) Which pronoun best completes the sentence? No other girl in the choir can sing as well as __________ .

A.
they

B.
her

C.
me

D.
she

7.) Which pronoun best completes the sentence?

Who makes better tacos than __________?

A.
her

B.
him

C.
they

D.
them

8.) Which pronoun best completes the sentence?

The animated movie was more enjoyable to the children than to __________ .

A.
we

B.
he

C.
they

D.
us

9.) Which pronoun best completes the sentence?

Several of the golfers waited under __________ umbrellas in the rain.

A.
their

B.
they

C.
his or her

D.
theirs

10.) Which pronoun best completes the sentence?

One of the antique desks had lost __________ drawers.

A.
it's

B.
its

C.
them

D.
their

Answers

6. No other girl in the choir can sing as well as __________ .
D. she
7.Who makes better tacos than __________?
C. they
8.The animated movie was more enjoyable to the children than to __________ .
D. us
9.Several of the golfers waited under __________ umbrellas in the rain.
A. their
10.One of the antique desks had lost __________ drawers.
B.  its

What's the literary movement of "The black ball" by Ralph Ellison?

Answers

The Black Ball, by Ralph Ellison, is most likely to belong to the Contemporary Period of American Literature.

Ellison began to publish his works in the 1950s and his themes revolved around the struggles African-Americans had to face while trying to not only survive but to be seen and heard by a racist society. He was certainly influenced by the movement known as the Harlem Renaissance, when black art flourished full of creativity and pride.

The Black Ball speaks of struggle and hope. John, the main character, has to deal with discrimination while he tries to teach his own son that being American is better and more important than being black, brown, or white.