• Water tank A has 220 gallons of water and is being drained at a constant rate of 5 gallons per minute.• Water tank B has 180 gallons of water and is being drained at a constant rate of 3 gallons per minute.
Part
How much time, in minutes, do water tank A and water tank B have to be drained in order for them to have the same amount of water?

Answers

Answer 1
Answer:

Answer:  In 20 minutes, tanks A and B will each have 120 gallons remaining in them.

Step-by-step explanation:

The equation, the amount at which they will be equal, represents the given starting amounts minus the gal/min times the unknown time in minutes, m.

220 - 5m = 180 - 3m Subtract 180 from both sides; add 5m to both sides.

220-180 -5m +5m = 180-180 +5m - 3m  Combine like terms

40 = 2m  Divide both sides by 2

20 = m

Check: Substitute 20 for m in the equation

220 - 5(20) = 180 - 3(20)

220 - 100 = 180 -60

120 = 120   True!

Related Questions

Calculate had a net income of 5 million dollars in 2010, while a small competing company, Computate, had anet income of 2 millions dollars. The management of Calculate develops a business plan for future growththat projects an increase in net income of 0.5 million per year, while the management of Computatedevelops a plan aimed at increasing its net income kshy15% each year.a. Create standard mathematical model (table, graph, or equations) for the projected net income for thenext 10 years for both companies. Make sure that each model is accurate and labeled properly so that itrepresents the situationb. If both companies were able to meet their net income growth goals, which company would you chooseto invest in? Why?c. When, if ever, would your projections suggest that the two companies have the same net income? Howdid you find this? Will they ever have the same net income again?
-2(bx-5)=16 what is the value of x in terms of b and what is the value of x when b is 3?
George, a musician, works 35 hours in a week. If he earns $18.15 per hour, how much does he earn each week?
Three out of every ten dentists recommend a certain brand of fluoride toothpaste. Which assignment of random digits would be used to simulate the random sampling of dentists who prefer this fluoride toothpaste?A. none of theseB. Let “1,2,3” represent preferring the toothpaste and “0,4,5,6,7,8,9” represent not recommending the toothpaste.C. Let “1,2,3” represent preferring the toothpaste and “4,5,6,7,8,9” represent not recommending the toothpaste.D. Let “0,1,2” represent preferring the toothpaste and “3,4,5,6,7,8” represent not recommending the toothpaste.Reset Selection
Find the sum of the measures of the INTERIOR angles in 36-gon polygon

I need help on number 6 cuz I’m saying it’s F while my friend is saying that it’s H ‍♀️

Answers

The answer is H, She was correct

Answer: You are correct, the answer if F. If I got it correct, can you please tell me?

Can someone help me solve this please?

Answers

h=2A/b

Hope this helps!

Which one is it ?? Please help

Answers

It’s be because that’s the only answer that actually makes sense

Answer:

its b.

Step-by-step explanation:

because.

In the figure at the right AB || XY, and m<1 = 120. Tell weather each statement is true or false with #8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, and 17

Answers

Answer:

False

Step-by-step explanation:because it is.

HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I DONT GET IT

Answers

The graph goes up by 10 each time. And if we start at the bottom of the graph, and count up to where the line hits another point of the graph. It goes up by 30, and moves right 10. So that means the slope is 3. Hope this helps!

Choose the true statement.
0-2<-3
O-2» -3
O -2 = -3

Answers

0-2>-3 is the answer, because negative 2 is greater than negative 3.
Other Questions
Consider the following analogy: You are a hiring manager for a large company. For every job applicant, you must decide whether to hire the applicant based on your assessment of whether he or she will be an asset to the company. Suppose your null hypothesis is that the applicant will not be an asset to the company. As in hypothesis testing, there are four possible outcomes of your decision: (1) You do not hire the applicant when the applicant will not be an asset to the company, (2) you hire the applicant when the applicant will not be an asset to the company, (3) you do not hire the applicant when the applicant will be an asset to the company, and (4) you hire the applicant when the applicant will be an asset to the company. 1. Which of the following outcomes corresponds to a Type I error? A. You hire the applicant when the applicant will not be an asset to the company. B. You do not hire the applicant when the applicant will be an asset to the company. C. You do not hire the applicant when the applicant will not be an asset to the company. D. You hire the applicant when the applicant will be an asset to the company. 2. Which of the following outcomes corresponds to a Type II error? A. You hire the applicant when the applicant will not be an asset to the company. B. You hire the applicant when the applicant will be an asset to the company. C. You do not hire the applicant when the applicant will be an asset to the company. D. You do not hire the applicant when the applicant will not be an asset to the company. As a hiring manager, the worst error you can make is to hire the applicant when the applicant will not be an asset to the company. The probability that you make this error, in our hypothesis testing analogy, is described by:________.