A water lily is floating in a murky pond rooted on the bottom of the pond by a stem of unknown length. The lily can be lifted 2 feet over the water and moved 6 feet to the side. What is the depth of the pond?

Answers

Answer 1
Answer:

The depth of the pond is 8 feet and this can be determined by using the Pythagorean theorem.

Given :

• A water lily is floating in a murky pond rooted on the bottom of the pond by a stem of unknown length.
  • The lily can be lifted 2 feet over the water and moved 6 feet to the side.

The Pythagorean theorem can be used to determine the depth of the pound. The Pythagorean theorem according to the attached diagram is given by:

\rm (BD)^2 = (BC)^2+(CD)^2

Now, put the value of the given lengths according to the attached diagram in the above equation.

(x+2)^2= 6^2+x^2

x^2+4+4x = 36+x^2

4x = 32

x = 8

Therefore, the depth of the pond is 8 feet.

For more information, refer to the link given below:

brainly.com/question/15190643

Answer 2
Answer: 12 Feet is the depth of the pond.  I am just guessing but i think that is it.

Related Questions

The function​ A(s) given by ​A(s)equals0.328splus50 can be used to estimate the average age of employees of a company in the years 1981 to 2009. Let​ A(s) be the average age of an​ employee, and s be the number of years since​ 1981; that​ is, sequals0 for 1981 and sequals9 for 1990. What was the average age of the employees in 2003 and in​ 2009?
In January 2005, the population of California was 36.8 million and growing at an annual rate of 1.3%. Assume that growth continues at the same rate. a) By how much will the population increase between 2005 and 2030
If a 45 gal hot water tank holds 375 lb of water, what weight of water will a 62 gal tank hold
What is 1 whole and 5/8 as a decimal
Jacqueline buys 2 fourths yard of green ribbon and 1 fourths yard of pink ribbon. How many yards of ribbon does she buy?

Parallel lines r and s are cut by two transversals, parallel lines t and u. Lines r and s are crossed by lines t and u to form 16 angles. Clockwise from top left, at the intersection of r and t, the angles are 1, 2, 3, 4; at the intersection of s and t, 5, 6, 7, 8; at the intersection of u and s, 9, 10, 11, 12; at the intersection of u and r, 13, 14, 15, 16. Which angles are alternate interior angles with angle 3? Angle5 and Angle13 Angle7 and Angle15 Angle6 and Angle16 Angle8 and Angle14 Mark this an

Answers

Answer:

5 and 13

Step-by-step explanation:

I got it right on edge

Answer:

5 and 13, got in right in edge 2020

Please answer question 10 and 11 please

Answers

Answer:

d7-dx=(20x|x-3|+40)x  x-3 (|x-3+2)x| x-3|

Hope this helps :D

A hot air balloon rose from a height of 100 m to 400 m in 3 minutes. What was the balloon’s rate of change?

Answers

Answer:

1.666666667 meter per sec^2

I feel like this is physic

using acceleration formla Vf-Vi/t

so 400-100/180sec

300/180

1.666666667 meter per sec^2

Hey  im still learning tell me if you feel like im wrong OwO

What is the range of h?

Answers

Answer:

Image?

Answer:

where is the image

A student is trying to solve the set of two equations given below:Equation A: x + z = 6
Equation B: 3x + 2z = 1

Which of the following is a possible step used in eliminating the z-term?
Multiply equation A by −2.
Multiply equation B by 2.
Multiply equation A by 3.
Multiply equation B by 3.

Answers

a possible step used in eliminating the z-term is "multiply equation A by −2."

x + z = 6
3x + 2z = 1

x + z = 6 / *(-2)
3x + 2z = 1

-2x - 2z = -12
3x+ 2z = 1

-2x + 3x -2z +2z = -12 +1
x = -11

-11 + z = 6
z = 6 + 11
z = 17

Answer:Multiply equation A by -2 is correct everyone

I just took the test and checked;)

Which sentence best describes the interval [-2,1]

Answers

The best sentence that describes the interval [-2, 1] implies that the function is increasing on the interval [-2, 1].

What is a cubic polynomial function?

A cubic polynomial function is a polynomial function whose power is at 3°. It has a general formula f(x) = ax³ + bx² + cx + d.

where;

• a, b, c, and d are real numbers, hence a ≠ 0.

If the data given in the table is represented on the graph, we can see that the data value proceeds in increasing order from negative to positive, as such:

The best sentence that describes the interval [-2, 1] implies that the function is increasing on the interval [-2, 1].

Learn more about cubic polynomial function here:

brainly.com/question/1851334

#SPJ2

Answer:

The function is increasing on the interval [-2,1]