Ten students begin college at the same time. The probability of graduating in four years is 63%. Which expanded expression shows the first and last terms of the expression used to find the probability that at least six will graduate in four years?

Answers

Answer 1
Answer:

The first and last terms of the expanded expression for the probability that at least six students will graduate in four years are:

First term: C(10, 6) * (0.63)^6 * (1 - 0.63)^4

Last term: C(10, 10) * (0.63)^(10) * (1 - 0.63)^0

To find the probability that at least six students will graduate in four years, we can use the binomial probability formula.

The first and last terms of the expanded expression for this probability can be determined using the binomial coefficients.

The binomial probability formula is given by:

P(X \geq  k) = C(n, k) * p^k * (1 - p)^{(n - k)

Where:

P(X ≥ k) is the probability that X is greater than or equal to k,

n is the number of trials (students in this case),

k is the desired number of successes (six or more students graduating),

p is the probability of success in a single trial (probability of graduating in four years).

In this case, the number of trials (n) is 10, and the probability of success (p) is 0.63.

To find the first term, we substitute k = 6 into the formula:

P(X \geq  6) = C(10, 6) * (0.63)^6 * (1 - 0.63)^{(10 - 6)

C(10, 6) represents the binomial coefficient, which can be calculated as:

C(10, 6) = 10! / (6! * (10 - 6)!)

To find the last term, we substitute k = 10 into the formula:

P(X \geq  10) = C(10, 10) * (0.63)^(10) * (1 - 0.63)^{(10 - 10)

C(10, 10) = 10! / (10! * (10 - 10)!)

Hence, The first and last terms of the expanded expression for the probability that at least six students will graduate in four years are:

First term: C(10, 6) * (0.63)^6 * (1 - 0.63)^4

Last term: C(10, 10) * (0.63)^(10) * (1 - 0.63)^0

To learn more on probability click:

brainly.com/question/11234923

#SPJ3

Answer 2
Answer: Since this is dealing with binomial you do something like this

Related Questions

Please help and i will brainliestttt
Write each decimal in figures.1) five hundred forty-four and four-tenths2) three and twenty-five hundreds3) twenty-five and one-tenth4) fifty-two and seventy-six hundred5) eight hundred seventy-two and one tenths
Plz help i dont understand and if u can help i will mark brainliest!!​
PLS GIMME ANSWER OR IM FAILING THIS
The GCF of 15 and 27 is _____. Numerical Answers Expected! Answer for Blank 1:

Need answer now in 10 min!!!

Answers

Answer:

40 deg

Step-by-step explanation:

The vertical sides of the rectangle are parallel, so the triangle is a right triangle.

The triangle is a right triangle, so the acute angles are complementary.

The bottom right angle of the triangle measures 90 - 50 = 40 deg.

The bottom line and the top side of the rectangle are parallel, so corresponding angles are congruent. x and the 40-deg angle are corresponding angles, so they are congruent.

x = 40 deg.

Is 4/12 closer to 0 , 1 or 1/2

Answers

Answer: 4/12  is closer to 0

Answer:

1/2

it takes only 2 more 12s to go to 1/2

Rewrite the following using the GCF and Distributive properly ?

63 + 27

Answers

the GCF is 90

Distributive property can be written as
(9)(7) + (9)(3)
or
9(7 + 3)
45 is the GCF I’m pretty sure

i will mark brainliest !!!! Which method of solving quadratic equations do you prefer: factoring, completing the square, or quadratic formula? Why? Your response should be 3-5 sentences long and show that you’ve thought about the topic/question at hand. Please be aware we are looking for YOUR PERSONAL OPINION and there is not a single “correct answer.”

Answers

I always prefer quadratic formula as compared to factoring or completing the square to solve a quadratic equation.

What is a quadratic equation?

"A quadratic equation is an algebraic equation of the second degree in 'x'. The quadratic equation in its standard form is ax² + bx + c = 0, where 'a' and 'b' are the coefficients, 'x' is the variable, and 'c' is the constant term."

In order to solve a quadratic equation, I always prefer quadratic formula as compared to the other methods.

In many cases, a quadratic equation can not be converted into a square or into factors.

Therefore, quadratic formula is the only method to solve all type of quadratic equation.

Learn more about quadratic equation here: brainly.com/question/2263981

#SPJ3

I prefer solving quadratic equations with the quadratic formula. The formula is great for solving any equations like ones that factoring can’t. It is also easy to memorize and type in and check with a calculator.

Is the graph proportional, why or why not?

Answers

Answer: yes

because it starts at 0 and continues forward

Skyler solved an equation incorrectly, as shown below:Step 1: 12 + x = 36
Step 2: x = 36 + 12
Step 3: x = 24

Which statement best explains why Step 2 is incorrect in Skyler's solution?

Answers

Answer:

Step 2 is incorrect.

It's incorrect because I'm pretty you need to do inverse operation. To get 24 you must subtract, not add.