Which branch of government decides if a law violates the constitution?

Answers

Answer 1
Answer:

The branch of government that decides if a law violates the Constitution is the Judicial branch. The Judicial branch, specifically the Supreme Court, has the power of judicial review, which allows it to determine the constitutionality of laws and government actions. If the Supreme Court finds that a law violates the Constitution, it can declare the law unconstitutional and render it invalid.

The judicial branch is that branch of the governmentthat interprets the law, settles disputes and administers justice to all citizens. The judicial branch is considered the watchdog of democracy, and also the guardian of the Constitution. The judicial branch has the authority to render a law invalid if the law seems to violate the constitution.

To learn more about "Branch of the government" visit: brainly.com/question/8480333

#SPJ11

Answer 2
Answer:

Answer:  The correct answer is the Judicial Branch.

Explanation:

The Judicial branch of the government decides whether laws are unconstitutional, among other things.

Related Questions

Law is a practical discipline; theory has no place in law. With specific references to the Law of Contract, discuss.
Proposed bills go through committees of congress members, when the proposed bill becomes a law?
over time, some of the measures of the usa patriot act have been challenged by state governments who do not wish to cooperate with the federal government. explain a concept of american government and politics that this action illustrates.
Dr. Jones has a client who is of a different culture and faith. He is not comfortable dealing with this patient due to past negative feelings from childhood. What are his ethical and legal obligations? Why are these legal and ethical obligations in place?
Roles of ethics on the national development show citation per page three page ​

Do you know any good websites to practice law? Please write them down with a link.

Answers

Answers is a link it helps with all your answer it gives you the answers I always use it you should try it it’s free

Fences are an effective way of catching criminals in the act of breaking into a buildinga. True
b. False

Answers

The answer is: A. True

Jamie wanted to find out if the majority of people in Texas favored the death penalty. So, he surveyed 25 students in his criminal justice class and found that 85% of them strongly supported the death penalty. Jamie therefore concluded that Texans strongly support the death penalty. Which of the following is trueJamie's conclusion is not strongly supported based on her research

Answers

Answer: Based on Jamie's research, her conclusion is not strongly supported.

Explanation:

Based on Jamie's research, her conclusion cannot be termed as strongly supported, because you cannot base the research that concerns an entire state on the opinion of just 25 people.

Jamie's scope of research would demand that she samples the opinion of more people across Texas before her conclusion would be accepted.

"A client in a long-term care facility refuses to take oral medications. The nurse threatens to apply restraints and inject the medication if the client doesn't take it orally. The nurse's statement constitutes which legal tort?"

Answers

Assault-rationale: assault occurs when a person puts another person in fear of harmful or threatening contact. battery is offensive contact with anothers body. if the nurse actually carried out the threat, battery would also apply.

What is the first thing an evidence analyst is likely to be asked in court?

Answers

Judes said he would not do it

Which of the following is an example of self-incrimination? Select all that apply.

A. An elderly woman who had been arrested for fraudulently writing checks on a closed bank account had initially asserted her right to remain silent, but she later blurted out that she’d been part of a criminal enterprise after two detectives indicated she would be facing life in prison unless she confessed immediately.

B. The primary suspect in a hit-and-run collision was asked by investigators to prove she wasn’t at the scene of the accident or face being charged with obstruction of justice. When threatened, she replied, “Okay, I was there at that time, but I don’t think I hit anything.”

C. Two teenagers arrested for breaking into a house for sale confirmed that they had walked by the house several times and were curious about what had been left inside after the owners moved away, but they had never satisfied their curiosity.

D. A suspect in an auto theft said that he had had always feared being accused of stealing a car after a detective told him he looked like a car thief.

Answers

Answer:

B C & D

Explanation:

All of the suspects told the officers evidence that pointed mostly at them for the culprit but didn't confess

Answer:

A-  The primary suspect in a hit-and-run collision was asked by investigators to prove she wasn’t at the scene of the accident or face being charged with obstruction of justice. When threatened, she replied, “Okay, I was there at that time, but I don’t think I hit anything.”

D- An elderly woman who had been arrested for fraudulently writing checks on a closed bank account had initially asserted her right to remain silent, but she later blurted out that she’d been part of a criminal enterprise after two detectives indicated she would be facing life in prison unless she confessed immediately.