"And this?" she went on, leaving the bed hanging in a realm of future possibility. Her headscarf had slipped back, exposing auburn hair glinting above the vapor of her breath, in evanescent present time.She had paused at the chest. Her glance darted at Gordon, and then, receiving no response, at the present owner, looking him in the eyes for the first time. The ogre smiled. "Open it."
"What's in it?" she asked.
He said, "I forget, actually."
Delicately but fearlessly, she lifted the lid, and out swooped, with the same vividness that had astonished and alarmed his nostrils as a child, the sweetish deep cedary smell, undiminished, cedar and camphor and paper and cloth, the smell of family, family without end.
Why does the narrator refer to himself as an “ogre?” What comparison can you draw between how Morna views the narrator and the old objects and how the narrator as a boy viewed similar people and objects?

Answers

Answer 1
Answer:

In this passage, the narrator refers to himself as an "ogre" to convey a sense of intimidation and otherness. It suggests that the narrator sees himself as a formidable and perhaps imposing figure, possibly due to his physical appearance, demeanor, or even his role as the current owner of the chest.

How to o explain the information

By using the term "ogre," the narrator is drawing attention to the power dynamic between himself and Morna, emphasizing his authority and dominance in the situation.

The comparison between how Morna views the narrator and the old objects and how the narrator as a boy viewed similar people and objects is one of perception and fascination. Just as Morna is intrigued by the chest and its contents, finding them filled with the evocative scent of family and history, the young narrator also experienced a similar fascination when encountering similar objects and individuals in his childhood.

Learn more about narrator on

brainly.com/question/860877

#SPJ1

Related Questions

Write a research-based argumentative essay for or against free education for children worldwide.
What are the advantages and disadvantages to spending most of your day (andmaybe the night too) outside?
5. PART A: What does the term "internalize" mean as usedin paragraph 14?​
In these lines, imagery is used to help readers understand what?"It felt like a dream until the pain hit. Bam! I smacked hard on the pavement. My mother landed right beside me and we tumbled and tumbled and rolled and rolled. I was wide awake now. I went from half asleep to What the hell?! Eventually I came to a stop and pulled myself up, completely disoriented. I looked around and saw my mother, already on her feet. She turned and looked at me and screamed.“Run!”So I ran, and she ran, and nobody ran like me and my mom.It’s weird to explain, but I just knew what to do. It was animal instinct, learned in a world where violence was always lurking and waiting to erupt. In the townships, when the police came swooping in with their riot gear and armored cars and helicopters, I knew: Run for cover. Run and hide. I knew that as a five-year-old. Had I lived a different life, getting thrown out of a speeding minibus might have fazed me. I’d have stood there like an idiot, going, “What ‘s happening, Mom? Why are my legs so sore?” But there was none of that. Mom said “run,” and I ran. Like the gazelle runs from the lion, I ran."
How do you say supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

One of the first known coins was struck from a lump of electrum.
False True

Answers

Answer: True

Explanation:

Rewrite this run-on sentence by dividing it into separate sentences. Use correct punctuation and capitalization.My teacher is an important woman she works all week so that I can learn, get experience, and have interesting lessons
to work on she is always there to help me when I need it she even stays late to decorate our classroom for birthday
parties and brings us treats every Wednesday afternoon.

Answers

My teacher is a very important woman. She works the entire week to let her students learn and experience as well as teach them interesting lessons. My teacher is always working and there to help if I need any, and even stays overtime to decorate the classroom when there is a birthday the next day and   on top of that she brings treats every wednesday afternoon!

P.S. This question is worth way more points

You are the winner of an international competition. You have been asked to select one of the following as your prize a car, a house, one million rupees What would you choose? Explain: - how all three are important to you - say what you would choose - say why you choose it​

Answers

Answer:

God I love you

gghgik

Explanation:

fufyyyth

What is register of commerce?​

Answers

Answer:

A company register is a register of organizations in the jurisdiction they operate under. A statistical business register has a different purpose than a company register.

Please help! This is English

Answers

The answer would be:

Joshua told his mother that James was the best player on the basketball team.

Hope this helps:)

Answer:

HELLO??? JORDIN, PLZ ANSWERRRR, WHERE HAVE YOU BEENNNNNNPPLZLZLZZ

Explanation:

What is the couplet pattern in both "To My Dear Loving Husband" and "To the King's Most Excellent Majesty"?

Answers

Hey there

Couplet pattern: consecutive pairs of rhyming lines.

It consists of two successive lines that rhyme, and have the same metre; it indicates the existence of a Grammatical pause by the end of every lines.

Hope this helps!

If yes, please, mark brainliest :)

Have a good day.

Answer:

D on edge 2020

Explanation:

consecutive pairs of rhyming lines