What type of figurative language is my soul has grown deep like rivers

Answers

Answer 1
Answer: This type of figurative language is called a metaphor. "My soul has grown deep like rivers." The word like is a clue word that helps me notice that this piece of literature contains a metaphor.
Answer 2
Answer: this is a simile because it has like and it compares two thing like the my soul to river

Related Questions

What is an inference
The study of word origins is known as
Which sentence has a shift in verb tense?When students ask questions in class, the teacher answered them clearly.After the scientist studied the samples, he placed them back in their container.You may think that the movie is too long, but I find it just the right length.If Jenna can't find a ride to the show, she will have to take the bus.
What does Granholm use to end her "Remembering Rosa Parks" speech?O A. A saluteB. A poemC. A songO D. A proverbSUBMIT
Traditional place of learning is where in the school?

Which sentence uses possessive personal pronouns correctly? A.
Yours essay requires some minor revisions.

B.
Take you're time and drive carefully.

C.
After many years, the car still holds it's shine.

D.
Our car should be repaired before closing time.

Answers

The answer is definitively "D". All the others do not use the possessive personal pronouns correctly.

The answer is D because it uses possessive personal pronouns correctly.

Why did the grandma put weels on her rocking chair??

Answers

So it could be a rolling chair..?

What do you think that astronomers mean when they use the term observable universe? Help me guys pleaseeeeee!!! :D

Answers

They mean the part of the universe that we can see with the naked eye, through telescope, or the amount of light years we can travel without dying

Hope I Helped You!!! :-)

Have A Good Day!!!

What is they style of sound of thunder

Answers

"A Sound of Thunder" Bradbury employs metaphor, simile, parallelism, irony, and paradox. In the exposition of the story Bradbury writes in metaphor and simile, using parallelism to enhance the poetic quality of his diction: ... Time doesn't present that kind of mess," a foreshadowing of the story's end.

What is the main type of rhetoric used in this sentence. Benjamin Franklin once said “any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

A.pathos
B.Logos
C.ethos
D.kronos

Answers

The answer is option C: ethos.

Ethos appeals to the credibility of the presenter. In the sentence, the speaker makes reference to Benjamin Franklin to convince the audience that his point of view is reasonable enough.

The rest of the alternatives are incorrect because pathos appeals to the audience's emotions. Logos refers to facts and figures to support a claim, and chronos deals with actions in sequential or chronological time.

Which is true of the sonnet form, the form Shakespeare uses to write "Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?" A. A sonnet has 14 rhyming lines.

B. The sonnet form was invented by Shakespeare.

C. The sonnet form is used to tell stories in poetry.

D. A sonnet is a free-verse poem without meter.

Answers

A sonnet has 14 rhyming lines