Lady Macbeth reads her husband’s letter then asks the following: “Make thick my blood, / Stop up th’ access and passage to remorse”-- What is she asking?

Answers

Answer 1
Answer: This is from Act 1 Scene 5, so we're pretty early in the play. This is Lady Macbeth's famous "unsex me here" speech, which is where she sort of calls on the spirits to quiet her feminine, maternal instincts to be empathetic and emotional (super sexist, I know). So she asks the spirits to fill her "with direst cruelty" so that she'll be able to help Macbeth kill Duncan and take the crown. That's what she means by "Make thick my blood." It's like, "please spirits, take away my ability to feel guilty about all the murderous shenanigans I'm about to throw down."

Related Questions

Yasmin saw this word in her vocabulary list. monocracy What is the most likely way Yasmin determined the meaning of “monocracy” as being related to “ruling”?
Writing 21 Carlos is writing an informational essay for his European history class. Read a paragraph from his draft and the directions that follow. Before the year 1400, what did most educated Europeans know about the rest of the world? Before answering this question, let's consider how they knew what they knew. Before 1400, Europeans had three main sources of information about the non-European world. The first was the writings of ancient Greek scholars such as the historian Herodotus, who lived in the fifth century ece. The second was descriptions of far-off lands written by European explorers such as the thirteenth-century Italian merchant Marco Polo. The third included maps such as those made by the second-century Roman astronomer and geographer Ptolemy. Which sentence is the best closing statement for this paragraph? A It was on such sources of information that Europeans based their understanding of the rest of the world. B Certainly there were many other sources of information, but these were the most important ones. C Herodotus, Marco Polo, and Ptolemy were famous in their times and remain well known by people even now. D In contrast, modern-day Europeans learn about the world from sources other than Herodotus, Marco Polo, and Ptolemy.
In which city will you find Le Bourget airport?
Which type of context is formed by beliefs,experiences,education, and culture of th author ?
Why did Christianity appeal to different groups in the Roman Empire?

Read the passage, and then answer the question that follows:Even though it costs less than staying in hotels, family camping has become less popular lately.

In the passage above, how is the transition even though used?

1) To show a contrast
2) To summarize an idea
3) To introduce an idea
4) To show a comparison

Answers

Answer:

Explanation:

lol

Answer:

Explanation:

What are the causes of soil compaction?Soils in different regions differ based on the _______.a.
local climate
b.
topography of the land
c.
native organisms
d.
all of the above

Answers

The answer is d I believe
All of the above

Answer:

D

Explanation:

All of the above & Edge 2020

What makes it special grandparents to see you graduate Please be in complete sentences and good reason.

Answers

Answer:

This question requires a personal answer. Anyway, I can give you an answer that you can use as an example to make your own.

Explanation:

The role of grandparents goes far beyond taking care of children when parents cannot or go on a trip. Grandparents transmit values, teach knowledge, new experiences and a lot of love. Grandparents represent many important things in the lives of their grandchildren and granddaughters. They have a great influence on what we do or don't do. It is not uncommon for grandchildren to follow in the professional or personal footsteps of their grandparents or to try to separate themselves from the family tradition, for example.

That is why, it is of utmost importance to them as well as to the graduated, that the grandparents are in graduation.

According to Defoe, which quality is most valuable in a servant?

Answers

Answer:

Selflessness.

According to Defoe, a servant's best quality is selflessness. The ideal of a servant in Robinson Crusoe is Friday. Friday is an indigenous person from the Caribbean. He is rescued by Crusoe, and becomes his servant. Friday is a key figure in the novel, and an example of the selflessness Defoe values. Friday is willing to give anything for Crusoe, and he even asks to be killed rather than being forced to leave the service of his master.

Answer:

Not being selfish p )

Explanation:

Patience as well as perseverance are necessary for success

Answers

Answer:

thx

Explanation:

ur mom plus some other characters to fill it

SOLVE THE PUZZLE:You arrive to the house in the pitch black, and you know at this point that there is no

turning back. You know right away that there are many frights in store, but everyone is counting on you to walk through that door!

What’s the combination? (It’s shapes)

Answers

Answer:

123, ABC, 00000

Explanation:

STORY 123

ABC

You arrive to the house in the pitch black, and you know at this point that there is no  turning back. You know right away that there are many frights in store, but everyone is counting on you to walk through that door!

The combination of the story is 00000.