In the continental United States,the ratio of states that border an ocean is 7:9 .How many of the states border an ocean?

Answers

Answer 1
Answer:

Answer:  21 states

Step-by-step explanation:

Since, The total number of states in the continental United States is 48 in which some are in the border of ocean and some are not in the border of ocean.

According to the question,

The ratio of the states having the border to the ocean and not having the border to the the ocean = 7 : 9

Let the states having the border to the ocean = 7x

The the states do not having the border to the ocean = 9x

Thus,  7x + 9x = 48

⇒ 16 x = 48

⇒ x = 3

Thus, the states having the border to the ocean = 7 × 3 = 21

Answer 2
Answer:

In the continental United States, the number of states that border an ocean is 7/16 of the total number of states.

To find the number of states that border an ocean, we need to determine the specific values that correspond to the ratio. Let's denote the number of states that border an ocean as 7x and the number of states that do not border an ocean as 9x, where x is a common factor.

According to the given ratio, the equation is:

7x : 9x

To simplify the ratio, we can divide both sides by x:

7 : 9

Now, we can analyze the ratio. Since it is stated that the ratio applies to the continental United States, the total number of states is irrelevant. We are only concerned with the proportion of states that border an ocean to those that do not.

Based on the simplified ratio of 7:9, we can conclude that out of every 16 states, 7 of them border an ocean while the remaining 9 do not.

Therefore, in the continental United States, the number of states that border an ocean is (7/16) of the total number of states.

To know more about number, refer here:

brainly.com/question/33864055

#SPJ6

Related Questions

Write a word problem for this divison $2.88 divided by 12
PLEASE HELPABCORD
Someone please help me with this math question!
A $55 gild ring costs $58.85 after sales tax is figured in. What is the sales tax percentage?
How do u solve this?

How many 4/5 cup servings are in 4/9 of a cup of yogurt

Answers

Answer:

(5)/(9)

Step-by-step explanation:

Unit rate is defined as the rate are expressed as a quantity as 1 such as 3 meter per second or 4 miles per hour.

As per the statement:

4/5 cup servings are in 4/9 of a cup of yogurt

then by definition of unit rate:

\text{Unit rate per cup} = ((4)/(9) )/((4)/(5) ) = (4)/(9) * (5)/(4)

Simplify:

\text{Unit rate per cup} = (5)/(9) \text{Yogurt}

therefore, 4/5 cup servings are in 4/9 of a cup of yogurt is, (5)/(9) cup of yogurt

For this question, you need to understand how to divide fractions.First we line up our fractions appropriately:
4/9 ÷ 4/5 = ?         (You want to divide 4/9 by 4/5)
4/9 × 5/4 = ?         (Now we use the reciprocal of 4/5 and multiply instead of divide)
4 x 5 = 20 and 9 x 4 = 36.       (Cross multiply.)
20/36 = 5/9.           (Simplify to lowest terms.)
So, 4/9 divided by 4/5 is 5/9!But 5/9 is more than 4/9, so the answer is 0 :PCorrect me if I'm wrong.

Is 26 a perfect square?

Answers

No, it's not.

No number times itself can equal 26. 

A perfect square example is 36, where 6 and 6 multiplied by each other can equal, you know, 36.

Sharon is 54 inches tall. tree in her backyard is five times as tall as she is. the floor of her treehouse is at a height that is twice as tall as she is. What is the difference in inches between the top of the tree and the floor of the treehouse?

Answers

First to solve this problem you are going to figure out how tall the tree is. So if Sharon is 54 inches and the tree 5 times the height she is you would do 54*5= 270. Next you go to find out how tall the floor of her tree house is. It says the floor is twice the height of her so you would do 54*2=108. Then the problem asks the difference between the top of the tree and the floor of the tree house. So 270-108=162. I hope this helped. :) Brainliest answer?

What ten times a number increased by four is no more than twenty-five in numbers

Answers

10x+4<25 \n\n 10x<25-4 \n\n 10x<21 \n\n x<(21)/(10) \n\n \boxed{x \in (-\infty; (21)/(10))}
ten times a number. we'll call "a number" x:
10 * x
ten times a number increased by four. increased by is a fancy way of saying plus:
10 * x + 4
ten times a number increased by four is no more than twenty five. if a number is no more than 25, that means it's either less than 25 or equal to 25. so:
10 * x + 4 \leq 25\n10x+4 \leq 25

If i estamate a price of a game to be 175$ but the real anwser is 225$ what is the percent error

Answers

Subtract obtained value from exact value to get difference: 225 - 175 = 50
Divide difference by exact value to get a ratio: 50/225 = 0.22 (repeating)
Multiply ratio by 100 to get a percent: 0.22 (repeating) * 100 = 22.22 (repeating) %
Replace repeating with the sign if you can.

How do you draw one line in a triangle to make two new shapes?

Answers

Draw a line straight down the middle of the triangle.
you could draw a line down the middle of the triangle and get 2 triangles, but I don't know if you wanted different shapes. Hope I helped!