2x - 5y=-15
can someone walk me through this?

Answers

Answer 1
Answer: The equation given in the question has two unknown variables in the form of "x" and "y". The exact value of "x" and "y" cannot be determined as two equations are needed to get to the exact values of "x" and "y". This equation can definitely be used to show the way for determining the values of "x" in terms of "y"and the value of "y" in terms of "x". Now let us check the equation given.
2x - 5y = - 15
2x = 5y - 15
2x = 5(y - 3)
x = [5(y - 3)]/2
Similarly the way the value of y can be determined in terms of "x" can also be shown.
2x - 5y = - 15
-5y = - 2x - 15
-5y = -(2x + 15)
5y = 2x + 15
y = (2x +15)/5
   = (2x/5) + (15/5)
   = (2x/5) + 3
So the final value of x is [5(y -3)]/2 and the value of y is (2x/5) + 3.

Related Questions

Arleen has a gift card for a local lawn and garden store. She uses the gift card to rent a tiller for 4 days. It costs $35 per day to rent the tiler. She also buys a rake for $9. What is the change in the value of her gift card
In what type of situation is it easy to compare two numbers written in scientific notation?Give an answer in a complete sentence.
Marco borrowed $150 from his brother.He has paid him back 30% so far.How much money does Marco still owe his brother?
             what is the volume of an area? what is a polynomial?
Alex built a snowman using three snowballs,one small, one medium and one large, with diameters in the ratio 2:3:5.      Although highly unlikely due to the physical properties of snow, suppose the three snowballs were perfectly spherical and stacked vertically, one on top of the other, as shown, with adjacent snowballs sharing a single point of tangency.      If the diameter of the medium snowball was 18 inches, what was the maximum height, in feet, of the snowman Alex built using the three snowballs?

which of these story problems describes the sum 19 + (-12)? check all that apply. show your work to justify your answer.

Answers

which of these story problems describes the sum 19 + (-12)? check all that apply. show your work to justify your answer.

2. is the right answer

Answer:

FREE PNTS!

Step-by-step explanation:

Can somebody help me with the picture above !

Answers

Are we supposed to find slope? Midpoint? I cant help if I don't know what I'm trying to find, please explain so I can help.

In the 1st generation, there are 3 rabbits in a meadow.

Answers

Answer: Option C

a_n=3(6)^(n-1)

The number of rabbits in each generation can be modeled using a geometric sequence of the form:

a_n=a_1(r)^(n-1)

Where a_1 is the first term of the sequence, a_n is the ninth term of the series, r is the common ratio

To find the proportion we divide the consecutive terms of the sequence as shown

(18)/(3)=6\n\n(108)/(18)=6

Then the common ratio is: r=6

The first term of the series is: a_1=3

Then the explicit formula is:

a_n=3(6)^(n-1)

The answer is: Option C

Answer: I think the answer is C.

Step-by-step explanation:I don't really know how to explain but I think that's correct.

julian is mixing drops of food coloring to create green frosting for a cake he uses 18 drops of yellow dye and 12 drops of blue dye find the ratio of drops of blue dye to total drops of dye express as a SIMPLIFIED RATIO

Answers

so the ratio is 18:12. you just divide each number down as much as you can so for this they are both divisible by 6 giving you a ratio of 3:2

Which 3 Comparisons are correctA 0.4 meter > 0.04
B 0.04 Meter >0.3
C 0.3 Meter < 0.3
D 0.5 Meter > 0.65
E 0.65 Meter >0.61
F 0.65 Meter <0.04

Answers

A and E are the only ones I see which are correct, did you perhaps type it in incorrectly? I hope this helps, have a nice day! =)

4. Name the set(s) of numbers for the real number given below. 7 1.irrational 2.rational 3.integer 4.whole numberI NEED HELP ASAP!!

Answers

Answer:

2.rational 3.integer 4.whole number

The number 7 is all three of these.

2.Rational 3.Integer