Explain how scaling a mixed number by 1/2 will affect the size of a number

Answers

Answer 1
Answer: If the mixed number is scaled by 1/2 then, the original number will be divided by 2. That being said, the number then becomes 50% of the original value. Hence, scaling the number by 1/2 will make the number only 50% of its original value.

Related Questions

Hi my math teacher makes my life impossible and I have no clue how to do this thanks!
What is one quarter added to one eights?
Can someone tell me the line of best fit and slope of this? I need the equation.
Which product is negative?
What is 18 percent as a fraction

Fifth grade 120 dollars Sixth grade 180 dollars Seventh grade 240 dollars Eighth grade 300 dollars. a.Write three statements that the principal could makewhen comparing the goals each grade has set. b. The teachers set a goal of $225. Write two statements the principal could use to compare this goal to the eighth graders' goal

Answers

The statements that the principal could make when comparing the goals each grade has set are: 7th-grade plan to raise double the 5th grade, 6th-grade plan to raise (3)/(2) 5th grade.6th-grade plan to raise (2)/(3) of 8th grade.

How do we compare numbers?
A comparison statement is, in general, just a statement that compares two quantities or values. For instance, "If we add x apples to 3 apples, then the total number of apples is less than 10 apples" or "Mary's height is the same as Milly's height."

In the given question, we have:

The amount with 5th grade is 120 dollars

The amount with 6th grade is 180 dollars

The amount with 7th grade is 240 dollars

The amount with 8th grade is 300 dollars

So, When we double that with 5th grade will be 240 dollar

Hence, The first statement can be a 7th-grade plan to raise double the 5th-grade.

Similarly,

If we multiply (3)/(2) by the amount of 5th grade, we get 180 dollars.

and, when we multiply two-thirds of the 8th-grade amount, we get 180 dollars.

Hence, The three statements that we can write are:

7th-grade plan to raise double the 5th grade.

6th-grade plan to raise (3)/(2) 5th grade.

6th-grade plan to raise (2)/(3) of 8th grade.

(b)The two statements that could use to compare the goal to 8th graders are:

8th-grade plan multiplied by (4)/(5) gives 7th grade plan.

When we multiply 300 by (4)/(5) the amount we get 240 dollars.

Hence, The statement that the principal could use to compare the goal to the 8th grader's goal is:

8th-grade plan multiplied by (4)/(5) gives 7th grade plan.

To learn more about comparing numbers visit:

brainly.com/question/28441046

#SPJ2

1. The higher the grade, the higher the goal2. The goal increases by 60$ each time3. All the goals are bigger than 100$

What is the square root of 65

Answers

The square root of 65 is an irrational number, so it can never be
exactly written down with digits.

As a decimal, it starts out with  8.06225...  and it never ends.

Technically the square root is 8.06225775, but most people would say it doesn't have one.

If an average 7th grade student weighs 91 pounds and Hugo the Elephant weighs 18,130 pounds, about how many average 7th grade students would be needed to equal the weight of Hugo?

Answers

Divide 18,130 by 91 and you get 199.23 so it is 199 students. 
The elephant weighs 18,130, and we want to see how many seventh graders weighing 91 pounds it will take to equal the weight of the elephant.

To find our answer, we divide 18,130 by 91.

18,130÷91 = 199.2307

Since you said about how many average 7th grade students, it means you only need an estimate, not an exact number.

The final answer is 199 average seventh-grade students.

Have a wonderful day! :D

A. Show that the ratios 10/20 and 30/60 form a proportion by finding a common multiplier.B. Show that the ratios in part (A) are equal by writing them in simplest form.

Answers

Answer:

\text{(A) Hence, The ratio }(10)/(20)\text{ form a proportion by common multiplier 3 to get }(30)/(60)

\text{(B) Hence, Both ratio are equal to }(1)/(2)\text{ in simplest form. }

Step-by-step explanation:

(A) We need to show both fraction of same proportion.

Ratio 1:  (10)/(20)

If we multiply by 3 at numerator and denominator

\RIghtarrow (10* 3)/(20* 3)

\RIghtarrow (30)/(60)

\RIghtarrow (30)/(60) \text{ is equivalent ratio of second one }\frec{30}{60}

\text{Hence, The ratio }(10)/(20)\text{ form a proportion by common multiplier 3 to get }(30)/(60)

(B) Now we simplify both ration into simplest form

\Rightarrow (10/ 10)/(20/ 10)=(1)/(2)

\Rightarrow (30/ 30)/(60/ 30)=(1)/(2)

\Rightarrow (1)/(2)=(1)/(2)

\text{Hence, Both ratio are equal to }(1)/(2)\text{ in simplest form. }

Can someone help me answer these?

Answers

If it is rolling a six as in a dice, then it would not be the same probability as getting heads on a coin because the probability of rolling a six on a dice wiuld be a 1/6 probability. Flipping a coin and getting heads would be a 1/2 probability.

Donald can do this because on a standard dice, the probability of rolling one number is 1/6. (If it would be the probability of rolling an even number, it would be 3/6, which simplifies to 1/2, in case you didn't know or weren't sure.)

Hope I helped!!

Penn buys a large sub sandwich to serve at a party. Penn cuts the sandwich into equal peoces to serve 8 guests. Write an equation to represent the portion, p, that each guests receives?

Answers

Let s represent the sandwich and p represent the portion
s=8p