A paddle boat rents for $10 plus $8 per hour. How much does it cost to rent a paddle boat for h hours? Write an expression and show your work.

Answers

Answer 1
Answer: 10 + 8h

10 would be the initial cost and would be unchangeable, leaving it as a constant. The $8 on the other hand increases based on the number of hours, making it the constant with the variable next to it.

Hope this helps! 

Related Questions

What number Could be added in the expression -4 -9 that the value of the expression is 0
The function f(x) = 0.11x + 43 relates how much Derek pays for phone service, f(x), to the number of minutes, x, used for international calls in a month. What is the value and meaning of f(320)?
10x - 8y =4-5x + 3y = -9Please solve with elimination i really need the help!!please show work
A child has $6.17 in change in her piggy bank. The change consists of 113 coins in a mix of pennies, nickels, and quarters. If there are 8 times as many nickels as pennies, how many of each coin does the child have?
Jamie mowed 7 lawns. He earned $10, $15, $12, $15, $8, and $15 for six lawns. How much did he earn the seventh time if the mean of the data is $12?And can you please provide the work? I've tried adding all and dividing by total which I got 75. I just don't know what to do on how to find the number that would give me 12 as the question asks.

Need help with number 2

Answers

Answer:

6/25

Step-by-step explanation:

24/100

12/50

6/25

(1 point) The rates of on-time flights for commercial jets are continuously tracked by the U.S. Department of Transportation. Recently, Southwest Air had the best rate with 80 % of its flights arriving on time. A test is conducted by randomly selecting 20 Southwest flights and observing whether they arrive on time.

Answers

Answer:

No. Southwest flights did not arrive on time.

Please see attachment

A crate has the shape of a rectangular prism. The area of the base of the crate is 252 square inches. The length of the crate is 4 inches greater than the width. The height is 2 inches less than the width.What is the volume of the crate in cubic inches?

Answers

Answer:

3024 in^3

let width=x

length=x+4

height=x-2

A=W×L

252=(x)(x+4)

252=x^2 +4x

0=x^2 +4x -252

use quadratic formula

x=14

W=14

L=18

H=12

V=W×L×H

V=(14)(18)(12)

V=3024 in^3

Find the lcm of 2,3,7 and tell me how u got ur answerif its CORRECT with ur reasoning ill give brainlest

Answers

Answer:

Kalvin sells bottles of water at baseball games he pays 0.75 per bottle and 3.78 for the ice to keep cold let b represent the number of bottles of water he buys c represent his total cost

Answers

Answer:

3.78+.75b=c

I need help please thankyou ​

Answers

Answer:

12 candy pieces per package.

Rate of change is the change in y over the change in x. The change in y based on the plotted points is 12, and the change in x is just 1. So, 12/1=12.