Discord Bot(s) for Combating Spam

One of the great attractions to PieDAO is the community. Many of the messages from first time vistors to the PieDAO Discord channel not only contain praise for the community but also state it as one of the main reasons why they choose to deploy assets in the PieDAO ecosystem.

Having the Discord server constantly bombarded by spam bots is terrible for new impressions on new PieDAO memebers and creates unecessary workload for moderators.

Some proposed solutions from the community are:

3 Likes

Would also like to throw this bot into the ring of possible solutions:

https://top.gg/bot/554631615565922364

I agree, that the constant spam needs to be addressed. It is relentless. And when a user gets banned it leaves notifications in all channels, reducing channel effectiveness since notifications are often just the remnants. This causes fatigue in checking channels and can reduce visibility in actual new content posted in these channels.

2 Likes

While I think CollabLand is dope, and might have uses for maybe restricted channels. I think as a general preventative method, it might be too strong. Many users come to discord before acquiring a PieDAO token.

2 Likes

I trust the mods to go with the best bot choice for their needs. I leave the server up on one of my screens at my desk so seeing channels lit up with no actual new messages really is frustrating!

CollabLand for a members only lounge could be cool. It got me to buy 5 COIN just to get into Neon District’s Eden channels. For some people that are into just the pies and no dough, it could drive more engagement. Picking up dough is a gateway to voting.

2 Likes

I’m happy to setup one, would a CAPTCHA bot possibly fix the issue?

4 Likes

I would think so! Let’s see how that goes and move to other options if necessary.

Yes it will probably help. At least it won’t hurt :rofl:

1 Like

def needed

1 Like

Installed CaptchaBot some time ago, seems to be working well for now.

3 Likes

haven’t had to ban a spammer manually since!

3 Likes