[discussion] Create $USEFUL index

Source

Goal

Create an index that represents everyday usable token projects that the incoming mass of normies can quickly understand and feel comfortable investing in.

Rationale

We are most comfortable investing our money in things we use everyday. Most normies will look at crypto with a speculative lens. They will treat their investment, even an index, as high risk and thus only hold a small allocation.

If a normie learned that there are token projects with everyday useable projects they could become comfortable quickly. They would download the project’s app and use it. Effectively, doing the most important research any investor can do - use the product.

One day the masses will be able to use many of the DeFi projects we hold dear to our hearts and truly see the world changing potential. Until then I propose we create an index that represents the token projects that currently act as the gateway for crypto mass adoption for everyday use.

If PieDAO’s mission is bring wealth creation to the masses then we should iterate on an index product that is easy to explain to our parents.

Criteria For Token Project

• Token’s use in the product is easy to understand and well integrated into the product
  • Easy to use fiat on-ramp for the project’s token
  • Best in-class UX for the project’s value proposition
  • Project’s team is non-anon

Criteria For Token

• Token can have any market cap
  • Token has been audited
  • Probably missing some things here

Token Categories

• Shopping
  • Travel
  • Trading
  • Lending/Borrowing
  • Music

Index composition

In no particular order

Allocation

Weighted by market cap.

Strategy

As new token projects find good product market fit, we should vote to add or even remove.

Alternatives

VGX <> BNB

Runner Ups

Basic Attention Token (BAT) - get rewarded for sharing your info with advertisers. I’ve had several issues in the past earning. Maybe this has changed.

Axie Infinity (AXS) - NFT gaming
Decentraland (MANA) - NFT gaming
I’ve tried out several games and honestly the gas fees + UX issues makes most of them unusable for a normie. Maybe some of you have had better experiences?

Orchid Protocol (OXT) - VPN
I’ve tried this VPN, but have had issues because of gas fees. Its still much easier to use a normal a Nord or ExpressVPN. But these guys are really close.

I’m probably missing some things. Let me know!

3 Likes