ELON ETF - The twitter meme ETF

Because why not?

The idea is to create an ETF based on the (available) tokens Elon Musk memes on twitter.

So far it would consist

mTSLA
WBTC
renDOGE
stETH (or any other yield generating eth)

weighting would be proportional, in this example 25% each.

Thoughts? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Call it the “When Mars?” Pie

1 Like

nah not catchy enough

so far I can come up with

PAPAPIE
ELON
APE
APIE

MUSK Pie?
APE, APIE would be better used for some kind of highly aggressive farming pie. imo

1 Like

What about

SHILL
or
APOLLO

1 Like

MPIE, M stand for Musk Or Mars :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

A synthetic Pie would me very nice. mTesla, mApple…

Otherwise, not sure i want DOGE in my pie.Would be good for the MEME, but tokens need to behave "properly " to be included into a Pie.

1 Like

On all fronts I feel like this would be a great marketing tool. I am in agreement with @Cryptouf but would still be open to having DOGE in the pie. Is there anything stopping SNX from introducing sTSLA and others (or is it just a lack of Chainlink oracle supporting the price feed)? I have not looked very far into mirror but I thought I read some feedback at launch highlighting it being quite centralized.

the MEME is the point. It’s another chance of onboarding the WSB crowd into crypto. This would require a whole new landing page (with ELI5 wallet walkthroughs) and a fiat-eth widget IMO

Yep fair enough.

Personally, but it’s just my POV, i would be cautious with the type of Pie and approach. I guess a synthetic Pie with Teslta, apple ,Amazon… coul be very interesting. SO it could be more than a MEME pie

I think, 1 thing that makes PieDAO "better " or at least stronger for me (compare to other index) , is that we only create nice products, and we don’t need to shill on Twitter or use Influencers to make things happen. So maybe we don’t have the biggest TVL, but at least the project is strong with a good community.

So a MEME pie could be nice, but we probably don’t want to only do that and focus our energy on this kind of product. And really think about the advantages over the inconvenients of this king of MEME / funny Pie

PS: WSB will be forgiven in a few weeks. :rofl:

A 3% or less allocation for wrapped Doge could be a nice compromise. I think the majority of people still don’t know that Doge has been bridged to Eth so having it in a Pie would signal PieDAO is ahead in terms of resarching and deploying new tech.

Many of us don’t want to hold Doge but a small amount of exposure for the marketing potential should be worth it.

4 Likes

6.9% is my last offer on this one maybe 4.20% works too

1 Like

In favor of the 4.20% DOGE allocation. Also, p.network has recently released their own pDOGE bridge, as an alternative to renDOGE.

Either way, seems like a fun pie overall, though I will say that I too have heard concerns about Mirror Protocol and their mAssets being quite centralized, perhaps due to the Terra blockchain being dPoS.

.69 pDOGE
.420 renDOGE

1 Like

well we use wBTC too. I can see concerns about centralization, but we have to work with what we got :slight_smile:

personally I’m more a fan of pTokens, so in favor of changing renDOGE with pDOGE at 4.20%

1 Like

Updates after discussions:

mTSLA 31,933333333%
WBTC 31,933333333
p/renDOGE 4.20%
aETH 31,933333333%

Potential names:

PAPAPIE
ELON
MUSK
SHILL
APOLLO
ILIKETHETOKEN
MPIE

SUCH pie
or
MUCH pie

From Doge-speak, like “Such meme. Much store of value. Wow.”

Love these ones, especially SUCH. Definitely catchy and instantly recognizable as a more fun pie, compared to our serious deployments.

StonkPie

For allocation, perhaps replace wBTC/aETH with 66.6% BCP, to include broad DeFi exposure? Great learning opportunity for the newbie herd, to find their pie can be composed of other pies.

1 Like