GE: Join Coinbase Asset Hub

GE Name : Join Coinbase Asset Hub

Time frame : To fill out the majority of the application, 1 week. Most of the questions in the Asset Hub application can be copied from current documentation. Proposing a week to iron out the details. See “Resources Needed” for the hard question about figuring a timeline for the whole process to be done.

Hypothesis : Exposure to Coinbase’s user base through PieDAO asset listings

Description : Coinbase should not need an introduction. For some quick stats: $320 billion in total volume and 35 million verified users. Before PayPal, I believe it was the leader in brand recognition as to where to exchange fiat to crypto.

Coinbase blog announcement: https://blog.coinbase.com/introducing-coinbase-asset-hub-our-open-invitation-to-asset-issuers-f9d5f0be609d

Metrics : TVL, # addresses holding LP tokens, news coverage, and social media engagement related to this growth experiment. Also, this should lead to a Coinbase Wallet integration through a listing.

Definition of Success : Become listed on Coinbase.

Resources Needed : The tricky part of this form is either having a corporate entity or an individual represent PieDAO. What needs to happen is a discussion of who, what, or if something needs to be created to be able to fill out this form.

Asset Hub Form: https://assethub.coinbase.com/

GE Confidence Rate : ???, not sure if filling out the form is entirely possible due to the above.

3 Likes

Maybe we can reach out to Lex DAO about forming an LLC somewhere crypto friendly? I’m not sure if such a move would add additional legal obligations to the DAO. I know Maker Foundation is distinct from MKR and the Oasis ecosystem. Possibly by organizing as a separate “ambassador” corp could give us the power to apply to things like this, while avoiding adding burdensome regulatory hurdles to the DAO itself?

LexDAO has a call once a week called the Council of Rogues, I can try to hop on the next one and fish for ideas.

3 Likes

Please do so! thanks!

1 Like

One option currently exploring would be to have a third party applying on behalf of PieDAO.

Last year Dexlab was appointed by the DAO as provider of a broad range of services, so this could maybe fall within scope. Dexlab has no interest in the DAO (no DOUGH held), potentially limiting related liabilities.

2 Likes

If they can do it, I’m ready to vote for it!

1 Like

Thank you @richandcreamy for pursuing and promoting this great growth opportunity.

1 Like

Thank me if it passes haha :sweat_smile: