GE1 [Open day at the bakery]

Ok Guys ! I’ll start because i have this idea since a long time now, and I really think it’s something we should do ASAP. Why ASAP ? Because gas price is just ridiculous, we have more and more people buying cryptos, and more and more current users are trying to diversify their wallet and want to buy more altcoin. But they never know what to buy.

This is what I observe in a lot of crypto groups. And mostly on FB.

As this is the first proposal for me, and i have a lot of idea in mind, maybe I’ll need a second one, or this one can be split in 2.

The main goal here, will be to create a marketing campaign in order to touch a lot of people and increase the awareness in the community.

GE Name: Open day at the bakery

Time frame : 1 or 2 weeks (we could start ASAP)

Hypothesis: We will reach a lot of people, and people will discover PieDAO

Description: We can create a contest. Here it’s were the proposal start to me messy !
We can either do a MEME contest. Where the theme is around the Oven. We can also make the contrast more broader, and allow MEME + cool message: Why the Oven is amazing , Why did you use the oven … + Article written in different languages.

The original post, can be one of our MEME + a message written by @williambrealey1 if he has one related to the oven / gas saving (https://discord.com/channels/544810647683072000/783729536399048714/796023015447068722)

We can also imagine 2 contests in one. One part where you have to create something , and another one just with a simple RT.

Metrics: Number of MEME submitted , number of likes, number of RT. I think for this kind of contest , metric like , CTR of people from the sponsor converting into using the Oven, are too high. First people need to discover PieDAO !

Definition of success: A significant increase of the traffic on the website + members on discord

Resources: not much. Can we have 3 prizes for the best MEME/content. And 1 or 2 for RT. $150 - 100 each would be a good start. WE can pay in $BCP.

It’s not a crazy campaign, but it’s an easy one to do, and it can bring more users. It’s also a nice way to boost messages

To go Further: We can also give only 1 prize, and do the same kind of RT contest for each message @williambrealey1wants to test. It’s nothing in terms of budget, but it will boost the impact of each post !

I like the MEME contest because there is a lot of possibility ! Oven, bakery, pie, gas …

Let’s see how this proposal goes. And if it work I then have a lot of other idea. (I really want PieSocks !)

To sum up: Easy campaign, cheap campaign, big range of action. And more importantly. We can do it ASAP to take advantage of the current climate

6 Likes

Would it start to get too complicated having more than 3 prizes? Having all of the indicies + dough as prize giveaways will lead into people researching each prize. These can be for <$100 amounts and still be effective.

2 Likes

Sorry it was not clear.

When I say 3 prizes, it’s 3 users win something. But they win the same thing.

eg: 3 users win for the RT side, and 2 win for the MEME contest. So 5 winners, each win 100$ worth of BCP . (Or Dough or an other pie, but same price for each). So very simple.

Prize value can be changed of course :smiley: (can be 50 and 100, so people who created something receive a bit more).

1 Like

Ah, I’m the one not being clear here :sweat_smile:, sorry!

I’m proposing having more than 3 winners, first starting with your proposal 1st - 3rd place winners winning BCP, then having winners for the rest of PieDAO’s products. I’m wondering if adding more prizes would muddle the marketing message or would encourage more research into PieDAO.

When I enter giveaways I like looking into all prizes but I’m not sure if that’s common behavior.

haha sorry. I didn’t see it was a question. Now it’s OK , we are on the same wavelength.

Definitely possible. But how do you distinguish. Randomly ? Or MEME winner win BCP and RT win DOUGH (it’s an example)

As we have several messages and several products. IMO, it would be better to give fewer prizes and only one token, so either BCP, or DOUGH or another pie for each contest. But organize more contests

Could also be a 1-month program with a contest each week. Each post is one message (see quote below),

and each time prize is different,

Eg=

week 1 = Over topic = BCP
week 2 = Yield farming topic = YPIE
week 3 = meta-gouvernance = DOUGH

So we have a 1-month campaign, we speak about everything, and we reach a lot of people !

Yeah! A month of pies! or 2 weeks per contest for a longer campaign.

We could do a winner based on most engagement, community choice, and a judges panel. This would appeal to different people that like entering contests and bring in more meme submissions that can be reused in Twitter posts.

1 Like

Yep it’s a good idea.

The community choice can also be a good way to bring more people on discord (if the vote is on discord) or on the forum.

Maybe 1 type of judgment per contest, and a different type for each contest. So each contest is a novelty.
The length will also be determined by the number of products/messages we want to highlight !

It’s taking shape ! Let’s have more feedbacks and I can draft an updated version.

1 Like

An alternative contest could be collaborating with PoolTogether for a prize pool.

I saw BasisCash set something like this up: https://twitter.com/BasisCash/status/1344857981104521216

Maybe a place to “stake” Pies or Dough with a chance to win more?

3 Likes

PoolTogether is a great audience to target!

Hi,

Yes it’s also a good idea. (I didn’t know it was possible to do that) .
We can do that either with Pie or Dough or even with ETH or DAI. A kind of community bakery. … Bake together …

But I think it’s another proposal, and we won’t have the same message / target with a campaign like that. Maybe something to keep in mind for later when we have more members.

BTW: If someone wants to "collaborate’ on a proposal, I’m happy to help and work with someone on another idea. Just send me a pm on discord.

1 Like

Excellent proposal and feedback, thanks for kicking off the community initiatives @Cryptouf!

Full support. Let’s harness the power of memes and spread the word of just how game-changing Oven is.

If this proves to be an effective strategy I would love to see future contests that focused on the multi-yield strategies of PieVaults.

Did someone say PieSocks?? :eyes:

2 Likes

thanks.

How does it work then. Do we have to write a proposal ?
I’ll wait until the end of the week and then write an updated version trying to take into account feedbacks and make a more precise plan.

Yes, could be a separated contest (with PieSocks to win :rofl:) or can be included in that one.

Can you please share, here or in private, what are your different messages ((https://discord.com/channels/544810647683072000/783729536399048714/796023015447068722)). So then we can try to organize this campaign around that.

If people have time and idea, i’d like specific feedbacks on those points

Timming

How long per contest. 1 or 2 weeks ? @richandcreamy suggested 2 weeks. I see good points and bad points for that ^^

• Good: give more time for people to create MEME
  • Bad: Than the campaign will be diluted, and if we want to catch the momentum it could be too long. And except for the creation side, 2 weeks to RT is a very long period, and I’m not sure we will see an increase after the first week.

idea: We don’t need to do MEME for each contest. We can do 1 only with RT, then one TR + MEME …

Budget
I proposed 100$ per prize and 5 prizes per contest (when we have a MEME contest).
So let’s say we do a 2 month campaign, with an aternance in term of MEME contest / no-MEME and 2 weeks / 1 week.

We have 5 contests, 3 with MEME and 2 without. so 3x5 + 2x2 = 19

So the total budget will be 19x100 = 1900$, for 5 contests and 19 winners. If it’s too much we can reduce and have only 1 winner for the RT side and 2 for the meme contest.

I also suggest using this idea, and not give stablecoin.

Judging

Like @richandcreamy’s idea to have different judging method. And if we have 3 MEME contests, we can do 1 judged on discord and one by a judge panel and 1 with the most engagement. It should bring more people on Discord.

2 Likes

We could invite people to the Discord to direct appeal to the judges.

I’ve seen campaigns last as long as a month. A music artist promoting an album release by giving away a Nintendo Switch for example. It would allow enough time for people to ask their contacts to help RT but on the other hand if people are not putting in that much effort it could make the contest look stale.

Since there are other growth initiatives in the pipeline let’s go with 1 week? Also, if we get into DAO rush week, let’s launch week 1 competition at the same time?

1 Like

Yep, but the idea here was also to have shorter time frame, to allow more contests . So we can speak about all messages.

TBH I like the 1/2 weeks frame. Maybe we can start with a one-week contest (so without MEME) but just advertise the next one saying it will be a MEME contest, so creative people are already aware. But it also depends on the number of topic we have.

Let’s wait for @williambrealey1 to come back here.
But i see 3 main topics: Oven (gas), BCP (diversification) , YPIE /PIEVAULT (Yield farming).

And then when we have more followers/members/user. We can maybe crate an other campain, with goodies (socks … ) and give more time .

I really thing we need to do something quick soon to take advantage of the momentum .

2 Likes

Ok guys.

The forum is very quiet but really think we should more forward and do it soon. Especially after the proposal on Aave. We will gain visibility thanks to that, so it’s time to take advantage of this.

So what I propose as a Final GE:

1 month campaign. 3 topics.

1st Event: 1 week: RT contest/ like. Twitter account. Topic = Diversification (BCP)
2nd Event: 2 weeks : Meme contest + RT contest/ like. Twitter account. Topic = Oven
3rd Event: 1 week: RT contest/ like. Twitter account . Topic = Yiled farming + metagouvernance

So we have 3 contests in 1 month. If we have rewards like this

2 prizes of 50$ for RT contest
and 5 prizes of 100$ for the Meme contest + RT contest/ like

In total, we need a budget of 2 x 2 x 50 + 5x100 = 700$

What do you think ?

3 Likes

I agree we should cement the proposal and move it to a vote.

Themes
These are good core themes, I would propose a slight variation:

1. BCP (diversification)
  2. Oven (gas-saving)
  3. PieVaults (multiple yield-farming strategies)

These are our strongest core messages currently, and the contest will allow us to see which gain the most engagement and new users.

Process
I wonder if we can better systemise the process. What do you see as the advantages of splitting between RT/ memes? Perhaps it may be easier for people to get involved if we open it up as a Creativity contest, asking for memes, RTs, blogs, videos, graphics and more?

This may be a clearer message to spread - three weeks, three core themes, but all mediums and content is welcomed.

Prize
I think we may better incentivise engagement if we budget $1200, to be distributed in $BCP or a pie of your choice.

Each week $400 of pie to win: 1st place, $250, 2nd $100 3rd $50

All tweets/ posts should use a hashtag to further spread the word, perhaps piedaocreativitycontest

We should also require a link, either to Discord or Oven.

My thoughts are this will make the process clearer and more effectively drive engagement and growth.

Would love to hear yours and others thoughts here.

3 Likes

Yep totally agree.

I’ll try to make a mock up of each Tweet. So we can have a better idea. I just wanted to be sure about the core themes.

Regarding process/prize, the idea of splitting, is because a lot of people don’t have time or idea or skills to create content. And if you only do a creative contest a lot of people won’t participate.
And also because if you only have to like + RT, its more random and everybody can win. So at the end you will have more visibility because people will share the tweet.

Personally when i see a contest like this (only with content creation) if I don’t have time, I’ll just ignore the tweet.

And the last reason is, if we only do creative contest and with different prizes, then we will have to find a way to judge.

What do you think guys ? And just to keep in mind: this is the first GE, so if it works, we can do an other round ^^

3 Likes

Sounds good CryptoOuf. Will you take ownership of this contest and run it?

If so, I propose to attach an additional bounty for your efforts. How much time do you think it would take you?

1 Like
  • I don’ believe having multiple prizes would boost engagement so better to keep only one and reduce the budget
  • I like contests, they are a formidable tool. However I will invite you to keep in mind that it is not a tool we can use too often (aka we cannot do contests every month) so better make the most of it
  • I would limit it to 1 channel at a time (e.g. FB) as I believe it is a good opportunity to test the efficacy of the channel itself
  • Who is going to run the campaign formally? For example, do we need a PieDAO FB account to do so?
2 Likes

I think it should not be too long. Especially if I have quick feedbacks. We can probably coordinate on discord for some details, if we all agree on the big picture here.

I guess the main Twitter account should post it first. I don’t have access to it, so someone from the core team will have to post. I can mock up tweets . And take feedbacks. So then you (or someone else) will just have to copy/past it.

Then it will depend on what we do exactly, 3 Meme contests, only 1? … Because we will need to judge it. So either we do a “more likes win contest” or we create a small comity.

As @williambrealey suggested , we can ask people to share their tweet on the discord + use a # .

And for the RT contest, I’m sure there are software to do it. But again I think you need to have access to the main account. But this part should be easy.

2 Likes