Impressions mining program

TL;DR Everyone can now be rewarded for helping PieDAO brand grow on twitter and other social media channels by producing engaging content.

Background

• We need high-volume channels to acquire new members
  • Generic paid advertising (e.g. Facebook or Google) can only go so far
  • Niche channels (e.g. Defiant, Coingecko) have small audiences and are not cost-effective
  • Twitter is where a good majority of our target audience is
  • PieDAO needs organic growth on twitter and other relevant social media

Proposal

We need to talk to our target audience using their language, producing interesting, high-quality content. In oder to do so we need a plurality of voices and perspectives on our initiatives, community and products. The initiative would serve the following goals:

• Make PieDAO become a more prominent brand in the space
  • Increase trust and reputation in the community
  • Incentivise an increasingly bigger number of accounts participating in PieDAO promotion
  • Make the operation more cost-effective than paid advertising

What we want

• Long forms
  • Tutorials/guides (use cases, how-to)
  • Informative content
  • Easy to share
  • Pleasing visuals and videos
  • Data (infographic, stats)

What we won’t accept

• Spammy content and behaviour
  • Paid impressions
  • Low quality content
  • Extreme dilution of content (mindless repetition)
  • Content for which is impossible to evaluate/verify impressions
  • Simple retweets are not eligible
  • However quoted tweets can be eligible

Implementation

For the time being, I suggest a light implementation of the initiative as follows:

• Subscribe the program by listing your account on a dedicated form
  • Produce content and paste the url on a dedicated form
  • By the end of the month upload a screenshot
  • A reviewer will evaluate your submission

Example

@nico brings receipts from 11 tweets about PieDAO DOUGH Staking initiative in October 2021 with a total of 100,000 impressions and he is rewarded with $1,000 worth of DOUGH.

Example of screenshot for twitter impressions

Content of the form:

• Social Media channel (Checkboxes: Twitter/Linkedin/Youtube/Medium/Other(specify))
  • Social Account(s) used
  • ETH / ERC20 address
  • Acceptance of payment T&C (i.e. address should be a EOA for which they control the keys)
  • Links at every tweet, blog post, video, etc.
  • Impressions screenshot upload

Rates (CPM = Cost per 1000)

• Social Impressions (e.g Twitter, LinkedIn) = $10 every 1000 impressions
  • Video Content (e.g Youtube, Twitter Video) = $50 every 1000 views
  • Written Content (e.g Medium article) = $100 every 1000 reads

The reviewers will reserve the right to cap a payment or deem an account ineligible for current or future rewards. PieDAO will reserve the right to make the payment in DOUGH, USDC, DAI or any other asset available for the initiative. The min payable amount is $200

Next steps

• Create guidelines
  • Roll the program for a 3 month trial
  • Cap the trial to $30,000 max spent

:pray: This proposal was heavily inspired by https://gov.indexcoop.com/t/impression-mining/1099

8 Likes

Strongly supporting! I would launch this asap…
Let’s just ideally put together a form to collect submissions, instead of the spreadsheet…

2 Likes

Good idea, we can create a google or typeform with submissions instead.

Content of the form:

• Twitter account
  • ETH / ERC20 address

I’d also suggest to create a dedicated Discord channel so that people can ask questions about the program and share tweet links while they are onoging so also other members can retweet etc.

2 Likes

This is a great idea. I’ve never heard of anyone doing this before. However, I’m not sure I agree with the notion that paid advertising like facebook or google ads is not effective. Has there actually been a paid ad campaign for piedao before? What were the results?

1 Like

I’ve extensive experience with paid adv platforms and maybe you’re right, saying that “they are not effective” might be misleading.
However, in order to be effective (and cost-effective) they first need to be pushed by a core organic growth activities.
Anyways, I believe the two are not in conflict with each other and I believe PieDAO should soon also start a structured paid adv plan (currently were only deployed limited niche initiatives such as sponsored banners on Coingecko, etc.)

1 Like

Definitely a program worth testing. Thanks for pulling it together.

It may be worth clarifying expectations around quality / output as much as we can to make sure people are working towards the right things (basically, what we mean by the things in the “what we want” and “what we won’t accept” sections).

Maybe we crowdsource a list or references demonstrating quality?

3 Likes

To add:
Simple retweets are not eligible
However quoted tweets can be

Love it !

Would be small steps toward further adoption and simple way to get the community working !

2 Likes

For the time being, as stated above

The reviewers will reserve the right to cap a payment or deem an account ineligible for current or future rewards. PieDAO will reserve the right to make the payment in DOUGH, USDC, DAI or any other asset available for the initiative.

This means that for now members of the core team commit to do quality check.
However I agree that some guidelines and example of good content should be produced and shared.

If you have more ideas please share!

Awesome, let’s extend this to all social media in scope for the initiative

Content of the form:

• Social Media channel (Twitter/Linkedin/Youtube/Medium)
  • Social Account used
  • ETH / ERC20 address
  • acceptance of payment T&C (i.e. address should be a EOA for which they control the keys)
2 Likes

editing the original post

if we take a portion of the impression reward and putting it towards a retroactive funding mechanism it could be designed to reward folks who are making the most valued contributions.

feels like it would give the rewards a more quality and quantity balance

might require some kind of recurring monthly vote :eyes:

The payment would be done at the end of the month and when requested.
So if e.g. something was tweeted on the 1st of January and the payment was requested on the 30th of March, the impressions would be all the one cumulated on that period.
However, for the scope of this initiative, I would avoid having to count the impressions differences on the same tweet on a monthly basis.
I also feel like maybe we should limit impressions to 30/60 days so not to risk to pay for initiatives that are no longer relevant (thinking e.g. at campaing-specific tweets that are only relevant for a certain period)

1 Like

The only paid advertising were videos with a youtuber named chico crypto a few months back. We did see a boost in the discord but to my knowledge no actual metrics were tracked. So definitely raised awareness and probably a pump in DOUGH but IMO not much else.

2 Likes

I think this is a great idea, what better way to expand our presence then by the words of our very own community!

I noticed you mention " target audience", can you share more info on this?

2 Likes

We might need to run it again but a few month ago we shared a survey to research target audience. You can see the results here https://hushed-chef-ae1.notion.site/PieDAO-User-Research-8f30df4d0f794650b847918e3b868232

1 Like

It can be done with a notion form and it will register like a database

When do we start?

1 Like

Its funny you shouls mention that because its actually because of Chico that I learned about crypto and got me started buying defi pies and dough.

Now, my experience is purely anecdotal, but it is interesting to think I’m part of the DAO now precisely because of a paid ad.

3 Likes

I feel like this is like letting the DAO members market their brand and promote, which is not a bad idea , especially with compensation.

1 Like

That can be done through Google forms and spreadsheets as well

1 Like