Linear Finance x PieDao - Partnership and Synthetic Pie Listing

Linear Finance x PieDAO – Partnership and Synthetic Pie Listing

Summary

This proposal is an invitation to the PieDAO to partner with Linear Finance and bring to market a PieDAO branded synthetic DeFi index to Linear.Exchange and further, to explore, discuss and present other opportunities that drive adoption and are mutually beneficial to both ecosystems.

Motivation & Scope

As a cross-chain compatible synthetic assets protocol, Linear Finance strives to increase inclusiveness and democratize access to digital and traditional assets and with PieDAO on a mission to bring automated wealth creation to everyone with an internet connection, there lies a perfect opportunity to join forces and create a partnership between the two. The partnership will establish synergies that create easier and fairer access to managed portfolios for DeFi users across blockchains. Through a partnership and subsequent creation and listing of a synthetic DeFi index on Linear.Exchange users will be able to get access to a PieDAO managed portfolio on Binance Smart Chain and soon also Polkadot, while being able to trade in and out of portfolio positions at a low cost, without slippage and in size due to Linear Finance’s protocol architecture.

A partnership between PieDAO and Linear Finance for launching a PieDAO branded synthetic index on Linear.Exchange would mean:

1. PieDAO will compose and maintain a PieDAO branded synthetic index based on PieDAO DeFi Indexes.
  2. PieDAO will provide Linear Finance the methodology used to create the index and provide updates if any changes are made.
  3. PieDAO will provide Linear finance the data set with weightings in spreadsheet format in a timely manner on the 3rd week of every month, i.e. monthly rebalancing.
  4. Linear Finance will list the index on Linear.Exchange and the price of the synthetic index will be based on data feed from Linear Finance oracle partners as there is no underlying.
  5. Linear Finance will pay the PieDAO treasury a service fee of 0.1% of the monthly traded volume in USDT or 1,000 USDT if the index has less than 1 million in monthly traded volume.
  6. Linear Finance & PieDAO will work together to promote the strength and institutional level research conducted by the PieDao team, the PieDao synthetic DeFi index on Binance Smart chain and any public blockchains that are used by Linear, the PieDao indexes on ETH Chain, and leverage respective communities to spread awareness of each ecosystem.
  7. Linear Finance will commit marketing resources and dollars to spread awareness and promotion on all social media platforms and relevant media/PR agencies.
  8. Linear Finance will commit to working together with PieDao on bringing other synthetic versions of PieDao’s assets (such as the NFT index). Looking forward; as more traditional and exotic assets are to be listed on Linear.Exchange in the upcoming months the team at Linear Finance welcome and support PieDAO to bake creative Pies out of its synthetics.

*** A Technology Agreement will be made that stipulates the terms and conditions in detail.

Linear Finance Background

Linear Finance is the first cross-chain compatible, decentralized delta-one asset protocol to quickly and cost-effectively create, trade, and manage liquid assets (Liquids) and creative thematic Digital Traded Funds.

Liquids provides the user with one-to-one exposure to real world assets, without needing to purchase the actual commodity. Liquids offer investors access to financial products commonly found in traditional investing, including stocks (coming soon), indices, ETFs, and commodities. Linear Finance provides a low-cost, easy-to-use exchange for an investor to invest in multiple asset classes on a single platform.

Not only does the investor gain access to many different financial products, they also have the benefit of trading with “unlimited liquidity” and “zero slippage”. No matter how much an investor wants to invest, do they need to worry about liquidity of any asset; they are able to invest any amount of money without risk of slippage.

LINA tokens are the base collateral to create liquids using Linear Finance Buildr, which is a decentralized application for collateral pool and liquids management. The creation of liquids requires a pledge ratio which is 500%, to keep the protocol over-pledged.

Liquids are currently tradable on the Ethereum Network and the Binance Smart Chain Network and later in 2021 Linear Finance will expand into Polkadot via its partner Moonbeam.

Documentation https://linear.finance/defi/Linear_Whitepaper_EN.pdf

Website https://linear.finance/

Twitter @LinearFinance

Medium https://linear-finance.medium.com/

17 Likes

Very nice! Would love to see a partnership between PieDAO and Linear Finance.

2 Likes

Hey @KTai,

Welcome to the community and thank you for your proposal.
From my perspective, it’s great to see Linear Finance being interested in using the PieDAO as an index provider and will bring a great opportunity for PieDAO to start expanding on BSC and soon Polkadot through this partnership as well as start exploring synthetic index production.

4 Likes

Strong support of partnerships, although I’m not a fan of BSC, I understand the technical requirements.

Any way we can update to 0.3% monthly with $1k minimum? It preserves the initial time period when growth is slow, but matches other streaming fees into the treasury currently, while incentivizing PieDAO to ramp up our own early growth marketing with Linear (to get out of that $1k min ASAP).

I think it would be supporting of Linear as well, as it’s better to get 99.7% of 100M than 99.9% of 80-90M.

Just want to make sure PieDAO is appropriately incentivized to commit it’s limited resources as a small DAO.

Thank you for proposing this! I will need to look into Linear more!

4 Likes

Thank you for sharing the proposal and it’s great to explore this! Cross-chain is something I’d love to see the DAO explore further, so this could be a fantastic opportunity!

3 Likes

Welcome KTai. Really positive news

3 Likes

wow my dreams finally coming true.

3 Likes

:fire: :fire: :fire: