PieDAO Meetup Organizer Bounty

After our successful PieDAO FullTimeTokenHolder party during the Lisbon Blockchain week this October and after finally having the chance to meet many of our members in real life, I would like to propose the creation of a bounty to support the organisation of PieDAO’s local meetups.

Here’s how :point_down:

PieDAO local events are run by passionate host and volunteers. We work closely with every host, so there is a formal application process to start your local meetup.

If you’re serious about bringing a PieDAO Meetup to your hometown, we’d love to hear from you. Please read through the following information to get a better idea of how PieDAO operates.

What does it mean to be a PieDAO Meetup host?
Each PieDAO chapter is led by one person who serves as the local host. This means that you will be leading and organising the event with our support.

As the primary host, you would be in charge of all the details for your local event such as:
— Securing a venue
— Finding speaker that relates to PieDAO’s mission
— Finding sponsors to cover costs, at least partially
— Sourcing any necessary materials and professionals such as photographer and videographer
— Marketing for the event

Can there be co-hosts? Can my company or DAO apply to be a host?
We prefer to keep things simple and have only one point of contact for each local meetup. However you are free to organise it with other individuals or groups, as long as those share the same mission and values as PieDAO

How often are meetups?
There is no limit to how many meetups you can organise. However we would like to consider those one by one at the beginning, before making it a regular event

Should the PieDAO meetup be free?
The event should be free to attend. However the venue/host are free to sell food, drinks, etc.

Can you sell token, Pies or other PieDAO related products?
No. The aim of the meetup is to gather local community together, discuss relevant topic, present new idea, proposals, etc. PieDAO does not promote nor support any kind of sales or orffer.

I live in a small city. Can I still apply to still organise a meetup?
Yes.

There is already a PieDAO meetup in my city (or a very close city), can I organise a parallel one?
Yes but we strongly suggest to get in touch with your local community and contribute to the existing event

How to apply?
Please send us a 2-5 minutes video telling us who you are, your motivation, and ideas about how you would organise the event. You will also need to fill this form.

Q: Why do you ask for a video in your application?
So far, it’s the best way to get to know someone in a faraway place. This will be an in-person event.

Is applying for a chapter first come first serve?
No, not necessarily. However, we do recommend that you get your application in as soon as you can.

Is there a budget?
Yes, there is a small budget on request to cover the possible costs of the event. We recommend to keep it low and try to find sponsors and-or free venues.

Is the host going to be compensated?
The host will receive a bounty of 300 veDOUGH for each documented meetup.

What sort of resources does PieDAO provide?
You will receive brand assets, slides templates, sample marketing materials. If you have any special request, please let us know.

How long is the commitment for being a host?
For now we would like to keep it as event-based until the format is proved successful enough to create recurring events.

Sounds interesting?
Fill this form (TBD)! If you have any question head to our Discord, we’re happy to help!

*This proposal is heavily inspired by Creative mornings

Looking forward to knowing what you think!

3 Likes

I really like this idea. This morning I was on the phone with a chad in my town to do something similar with local crypto teams.

Would the event need to be only PieDAO or can PieDAO be a sponsor of a new event (have a speaker/s, a stand, etc?)

I think this bounty specifically was to organise a PieDAO local event but we’d be happy to represent PieDAO as a voice or as a sponsor to other relevant events as well!

1 Like