This PIP proposes the allocation of a 6-months forecasted budget to PieDAO’s multisig, to enable a higher responsiveness and authonomy over basic operational expenditures.
This PIP would allow the Multisig to make budgetary decisions according to the proposed 6 months budget forecast. This power could be removed or revised as per governance decision.
As PieDAO evolves, so does the need to cover operational expenses more responsively, enabling a quicker reaction of this growing organisation to the changing DeFi environment.
PieDAO is still in his infancy as a project, at lot has been done with very limited resources ( 2devs + 1 analyst ): going forward it will be crucial to set the conditions to make rapid decisions in order to establish a stronger foundation for growth.
We need DAO contributors to be empowered to act quickly and decisively with regard to all activities aimed at further streamline PieDAO’ success and get rewarded for it. This proposal formalizes a sort of delegation of administrative roles from a strict expenditure perspective, that will serve as a base layer for the organization.
The budget below forecasts the planned expenditures over 6 months within the 4 domains considered: Security, Grants, Ops. Expenses & Community management.
Expenditures and balance will be documented and reported ahead of 6-months closure, in preparation for the following 6 months’ budgeting exercise. In this sense, the above budget will serve both as a baseline for the monitoring of ongoing expenses variance, and as a driver for the computation of productivity metrics of the organisation.
This proposal grants the Multisig operational authority on the following decisions for the next six (6) months from implementation:
- Determining and distributing protocol grants.
- Determining and distributing community grants.
- Facilitating business development and integrations.
- Identifying and engaging analytical firms.
- Determining and distributing legal + DAO consultation grants.
- Identifying and executing key hires.
- Engaging security firms.
- Continue executing costs related to infra and smartcontracts like the Oven.
- Hire UI & front-end development.
This proposal does NOT grant the Multisig:
- Authority over the DOUGH token or emissions.
- Authority over the Pie rebalancing.
- The power to ignore any approved PIPs or the governance process in general.
- The power to create a legal entity.
- Leadership powers beyond those described above.
- Any powers over the PIP process or governance.
- Authority over the composition of the Multisig group.
This PIP was inspired by the approach took by Yearn Finance to effectively streamline their operations, which we consider a successful case within the DeFi space.