Hi all! Working to make my first index for PieDAO. I was told that anyone can be the manager for a new Pie, so someone mentioned an Andre Index on Twitter so I thought I’d try to put something together and we can discuss the best way to do it.
Overview: This doc is exploring what it would look like to have an “Andre Index,” a basket of tokens that somehow track the success of projects by Andre.
Background: Mike Demarais said “i feel like @PieDAO_DeFi or @indexcoop should create an “andre index”” on twitter (link), and PieDAO responded that anyone can manage a new pie
- Definitions: What counts as an Andrew project? Things he’s launched publicly (YFI, KP3R), things he’s pseudolaunched (EMM), things he’s advised on (FTM), things he’s shilled (lots of stuff)? Unclear.
- Timing: When is the right time to add something to the index? It is obviously helpful to be early but don’t want to get rekt. There needs to be some delay between contract live and inclusion in the index. Perhaps 7 days (can be shorter than DPI’s 30d limit because of trust in Andre).
- Weighting: I think this should be some combination of: market cap, time in existence, sentiment, and category (ie founder, advisor, shiller).
- Method: It’s also weird because he’s still experimenting with distribution. YFI was liquidity mined. KP3R was seeded in a UNI pool and given to those who do work. Who knows how upcoming projects (like Options) will be distributed
- See this chart for a draft of how to weight the index. Note that it is not a complete list. I still need to do more research.
- Need to figure out how to do the weighting… open to insights here! It’s hard to come up with something that doesn’t make it just like 90%+ YFI
- I also don’t know how things get added, need to ask in the proposal channel on discord.