This proposal is published for presenting the terms of $DOUGH market-making services to the PieDAO community and approving it:
- Authorize Wintermute Trading as official $DOUGH market-maker
- Transfer 1.5% of DOUGH supply (1.5 million $DOUGH) to the Community treasury for market-making purposes as a loan to the Wintermute Trading. Wintermute Trading will have to return either the full loan amount or 3 million USDC (~50% premium to current price) in 1 year
- Wintermute will commit to maintain inventory in PIEs upon them being listed on any Tier 1 exchange. The amount invested will be 10% of AuM up to a total of $20 mln
Wintermute basic background
Wintermute was founded in July 2017 by three Optiver veterans. Evgeny Gaevoy, founder and CEO, was previously head of ETFs (screen and OTC) at Optiver Europe, one of the largest ETF market making desks.
Wintermute’s trading volume in 2H 2020 surpassed $70B and their average daily trading volumes in 2021 are over $2B
Wintermute is backed by Lightspeed Venture Partners, Pantera, Blockchain.com Ventures and others
Wintermute Trading is registered with FCA for our OTC business
Wintermute PieDAO specific background
Wintermute believes index products will be one of the key themes in 2021 and as a result is looking to back several teams in the space with an ultimate goal of:
- Listing the index products on key cefi exchanges and facilitating liquid markets on these products and their derivatives (starting with perpetuals, following with options)
- Combined total AuM of index products exceeding $25B by end of 2021
Wintermute believes the key issue with these products not being adopted outside of defi is lack of market making support as market makers and exchanges are not looking to support/list them because of low AuM, while the AuM stays low because there is not enough adoption/interest outside of defi. Wintermute wants to lead that adoption by committing a significant part of it’s resources and at the same time getting exposure to leading teams by becoming the official MM in protocol tokens and direct investment. Wintermute expects to be active in governance matters.
Specifically for PieDAO community Wintermute commits to:
- Provide liquid markets across all tier 1 cefi exchanges (and a handful of 2nd tier as well)
- Proactively support listing of $DOUGH on key western exchanges
- Support a number of flagship PIEs towards cefi and defi listings
- In particular, once PIEs are launched on tier 1 exchange, Wintermute commits to hold 10% of the AuM for market making purposes with a minimum of $0.5 mln per PIE, up to $20 mln in total for all listed PIEs
We would like to request the PieDAO community to pass a proposal to approve the transfer of up to 1.5% of the total token supply of $DOUGH for Market Making services of $DOUGH on key centralized exchanges.
We propose to PieDAO Community appointing a third party agent (Wintermute Trading) to act as the PieDAO Community Agent to market-make $DOUGH across cefi, defi and OTC
To facilitate the work of the Community Agent on the community’s behalf, we propose to authorize operational actions required to effectuate the market making, including release of up to 1.5M $DOUGH to the Community Agent from the PieDAO Token Supply for liquidity provisioning.
A Yes vote for this proposal would accomplish the following :
- Approval of the above terms to enable the Community Agent to proceed with creating and transferring 1.5% of the total $DOUGH token supply from the community token allocation, where the proceeds will be directed towards market making.
- The loan will be returned in 1 year, in Apr 2022 in tokens or in DAI/USDT/USDC equivalent at a price of $2 per token
A No vote would result in rejection of these terms