Scaling / L2 Discussion

think its fits best into this category … thx for the person who took the notes, actually better then a recording

i think it would be a real mistake not to consider xdaichain as Scaling solution, was kinda scared to see it was not even in the discussion

1 Like

replying to myself… pretty poor :smiley:D
i am not a techie … just a simple end user… and i would prefer to have a decentralized solution as L2, and not one being even remotely connected to Binance, but MATIC is…

xdaichain on the otherhand is not a real L2, its just a sidechain to the Mainnet … wouldn’t / couldn’t exist without the Mainnet … cause of the Dual Token Model …

I am sure it doesnt have TPS numbers like BSC, Solana, MATIC and whatnot, but fairly cheap to transact and fast… a recent transaction today was confirmed within 5 seconds and
image pretty cheap …

in my head … the Pies / Oven stay on Mainnet… simply cause the L2 often doesnt have the liquidity of the markets to bake the stuff… and it just would be Mirror Tokens to whats on the Mainnet… Tradeable, but not unbakeable …

though i kinda get it for that we would need LPs on the sidechain …

another thought could be that PieDAO created a GameTheory like OlypusDAO (3.3) where the Treasury provides for all the Liquidity, and offers Bonding … kinda slick how they do it…

just spilling some ideas … i prolly have no idea what i am talking about and whats doable

either way … if we dont get a L2 solution going soon we are pretty much in a downwards spiral … small bag holdres simply cant afford PieDAO s transaction, and we got such a genius product line

Big Bag Holders where transaction costs dont bother too much prolly prefer to buy the token allocation themself directly …

In my head … PieDAO was always the perfect solution for Small Bag Hodler to get some exposure to various different markets without being a expert in them …

If we cut them off… whats left ?

bumping myself :smiley:

• another approach to L2 (Doomi) mentioned would be Synthetic Pies… they would always reflect a 1to1 Pie on L1, but can not be bridged, hence they can not be burned, baked, staked on L2 … but they can be bought and sold. …

i can not stress this enough… we are literally fu…ed if we dont offer the Pies on L2, lots of people will onboard cryptos the next months and the Pies are the ideal gateway drug… but you wont find crypto newbie spending 40+ bucks in ETH on transactions fees

I often wanted to give a few BCP to friends which just start out in Cryptos as a Gift… but on L1 … forget it …

… the more i think about the EARN i like it even more…
instead of paying a influencer 3000 USD for a promotional clip the DAO could put 800 BCP in the EARN program, … i think the word to mouth promotion is much more powerfull then other ads

1 Like

can you link an EARN initiative as example?

https://www.coinbase.com/earn/the-graph/lesson/2?type=story

Trying something like this on Layer3. More about what I think of the EARN program here: Promotional Ideas for PieDAO